Prospect Info: With the 59th overall pick in the 2023 draft, the Ducks select Carey Terrance

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sorry to intrude the Ducks board but I love this kid. I would have taken him in the 1st. The best skater in the draft. Strong on his skates. Don’t see him as a top line player but pretty confident he could become a middle six guy. At worst hes a 4th line PK guy who can wheel. Extremely strong character and mature kid coming from the rez. A kid you win with

Kids you win with seems to be what PV has aimed at up front in the draft

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Kids you win with seems to be what PV has aimed at up front in the draft

I think Tampa is a perfect example that you not only need these role players you win with, but you need a constant stream of them because they will be the cap casualties in 10 years. And when that pipeline of useful middle six role players dries up you have to pay to get them on reasonable caps, like Tampa had to do with Jeannot, Hagel, Goodrow, Coleman, etc.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sorry to intrude the Ducks board but I love this kid. I would have taken him in the 1st. The best skater in the draft. Strong on his skates. Don’t see him as a top line player but pretty confident he could become a middle six guy. At worst hes a 4th line PK guy who can wheel. Extremely strong character and mature kid coming from the rez. A kid you win with

a first? Really? I feel like some of the ducks picks were quite the reach

this is why I never believed in this draft being so deep.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
a first? Really? I feel like some of the ducks picks were quite the reach

this is why I never believed in this draft being so deep.
Oh for sure. Realistically picks 20-60 couldve gone in any order.

It was a deep draft but I am also way higher on Terrance than most. There isn’t a planet where I’m taking someone like Charlie Stramel over CT

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Erie grabs Martin Misiak with the first pick of the CHL import draft. That’s a significant add for a team that was a complete dumpster fire and he could be a good linemate for CT.

Reactions: forever1922

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Erie grabs Martin Misiak with the first pick of the CHL import draft. That’s a significant add for a team that was a complete dumpster fire and he could be a good linemate for CT.

In his Import Draft review, Brock Otten suggests that the addition of Misiak may bump Terrance to the wing, which seems his likely long term home.

"The addition of Misiak probably moves Carey Terrance to the wing, giving Erie a one/two punch of Misiak and Fimis down the middle."

Reactions: GunnarStahl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad