Prospect Info: With the 59th overall pick in the 2023 draft, the Ducks select Carey Terrance

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Yeah... he totally looked like a duck. I just preferred Pekarcik for his size and physicality. Carey looks like a guy we would like... USA kid that isn't going to college, positional versatility. I like his native American heritage like Montour.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Again.... our scouts love to give more weighting to playoffs and tournaments. He needs to get a lot stronger....

He was also his OHL team's best offensive threat by far in his age 17 season, and considered one the fastest skaters in this draft class...not sure why you assume he just fell on to their radar at the u18s.

But yeah he seems like one you at least let finish out his junior eligibility (two more years) and then we'll see how much AHL time is needed thereafter. He's an intriguing project, and a bit different than anything we have in the system.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

On Carey Terrance (2nd Round, 59th Overall)

Carey is another really mature kid. With him, we like his speed and his ability to score goals. We see him more on the wing. I think he played both wing and center this year. He sees himself more as a winger, too. I think that's where he will be able to use his speed the most. He plays with pace and intensity, and he can finish.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
His name is Carey. Some pretty rough stats but some seem to like him
Don’t be fooled by the stats. Erie sucked last year with poor coaching. Nobody was scoring.. Carey also had 4 head coaches in his first 2 seasons. He should have more talent around him this coming season and hopefully the stats start to show more

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Some more info on Terrance for you guys:

Then we had Carey on the podcast (along with Ritchie and Pinelli). Great young man.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Sorry to intrude the Ducks board but I love this kid. I would have taken him in the 1st. The best skater in the draft. Strong on his skates. Don’t see him as a top line player but pretty confident he could become a middle six guy. At worst hes a 4th line PK guy who can wheel. Extremely strong character and mature kid coming from the rez. A kid you win with

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00