Prospect Info: With the 47th Pick, Kings Select Tyler Toffoli

Randart

May 20, 2007
Carson, CA
A Fine Prospect Indeed....

I really like what DL and the staff did in this draft the way they moved on players that they felt fell a bit and liked. I actually studied Tyler T. a bit and knew who he was more than our first round defenseman who seems to be quite the pick up as well. With vast potential and high end that seem reachable in a few short years.

For where we picked in this draft I am very happy with our pick ups and new assets. I will be excited to see these guys at the Rookies camp etc. Seems LA Fans came out in droves to support the team and draft which was very kool too! Very happy for our organization on all levels today!

:handclap::nod::D

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I'm very happy with this pick, I'm trying to find a picture of him in a Kings hat or jersey to put as my avatar, if anyone can post a picture or post a link to the picture, it'd me much appreciated!

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa 67s season ticket holder for years here.

He should have been the captain of our team last season - he was the heart and soul of the team. I know his skating isnt elite and that he was just facing other teenagers in the OHL, but hes got the drive, hands and shot that he will make a good player for you.

I still remember his first season with the 67s and since he was suppose to be 1st line sniper i was quite surprised to find that he was probably the hardest worker on the ice. He busted his butt to backcheck and wasnt afraid to stand up to guys who were a lot taller and bigger than him.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles

He should have been the captain of our team last season - he was the heart and soul of the team. I know his skating isnt elite and that he was just facing other teenagers in the OHL, but hes got the drive, hands and shot that he will make a good player for you.

I still remember his first season with the 67s and since he was suppose to be 1st line sniper i was quite surprised to find that he was probably the hardest worker on the ice. He busted his butt to backcheck and wasnt afraid to stand up to guys who were a lot taller and bigger than him.

Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated!

T2M

Jan 28, 2004

Has his skating been improving? If it has, then that will allay some of my fears.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Has his skating been improving? If it has, then that will allay some of my fears.

here are some of his stats from last year.

Tyler Toffoli led the OHL in November scoring with 22 points in 12 games including 11 goals and 11 assists and also registered a plus-minus rating of plus-7 for the Ottawa 67’s. He recorded points in nine of his 12 games played with an impressive seven multi-point games. He was named the Boston Pizza OHL and CHL Player of the Week for the week ending November 22 in a week that included a four-point game with two goals and two assists in a 6-3 win over the Kitchener Rangers. He set a new career-best in his very next game with a five-point performance scoring a hat-trick and two assists in a 6-3 win over the Oshawa Generals on November 27 where he was recognized as first star of the game for the fourth time in the month, leading the 67’s to a November record of 8-2-1-1.

Toffoli, a 17-year-old from Scarborough, ON, is playing in his second OHL season with the 67’s. In 26 games this season he has scored 16 goals and 15 assists for 31 points. The 2010 NHL Entry Draft prospect also scored two goals in two games for Team OHL at the 2009 SUBWAY Super Series.

all star game

Toffoli's five points were all assists to also tie an All-Star Game record for most assists in one game set previously by Dan Tessier of the 67's in 1999 and Eric Lindros of the Oshawa Generals in 1991.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
From Mike Futa (http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/06/26/futa-on-the-draft/#more-6498)

"My scout from Owen Sound is his head coach, the same guy who was the guy on Wayne Simmonds. There’s always that tributary that leads back to the right river. He coaches him in Ottawa, and he said this kid is just scratching the surface, when you start to look at the intangibles and the work ethic. I’m assuming that’s why he dropped to where we got him. We were thrilled to get the guy. His hockey sense is off the charts. He’s an exceptional goal scorer, great nose for the net, and he’s just a young kid who is still just getting it, as far as the conditioning."

Could be good.

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
picture.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad