Prospect Info: With the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Ducks select Mason McTavish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wish the Ducks drafted undersized perimeter player Eklund instead of McTavish because he had the spinarama goal in the meaningful rookie game. @Zegs2sendhelp
I don’t even think I commented on they goal, I’m starting to think you are confusing me with someone else or obsessed with me

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Should have been done already. Verbeek is probably waiting until he thinks we can contend to bring in his guy.
Yeah might as well have someone to blame for one more season.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
IMG_20221001_174023866.jpg

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
OT but we're still in the offseason.

Dale has somewhat of a legendary status in Finland among SaiPa fans where he played for 4 seasons and finished his hockey career back in 2011. I believe his nickname was Messiah ("Messias" in Finnish). I'm not sure if Mason ever lived in Finland or if Dale's family stayed in Switzerland or went back to Canada for his last hurrah in Finland for one season after a decade in Switzerland.

Anyhow, pretty cool to have the son of Messiah in the Ducks fold :nod:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Also with Getzlaf (and Zegras) not having high end speed isn’t as big a deal as they have the ability to determine how fast or slow the game is going to be played with their playmaking and deception. Although McTavish does have the strength and deception to get pucks to the net. Overall I’d say Mctavish’s not high end skating will affect his playmaking/defense more than his goal scoring/puck retrieval imo.
100% this. High end skill and elite vision/iq can negate a lack of speed. That is routinely seen in the nhl like with Kucherov. Now i dont actually thing mctavish has that iq/vision but his skill is pretty good. I actually think his explosiveness is underated.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope he develops at least as good as someone like TJ Oshie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad