Prospect Info: With the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Ducks select Mason McTavish

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
With the OHL Season never getting started, top NHL Draft Prospect Mason McTavish went overseas to play in Switzerland. Playing for EHC Olten in the second Swiss division, McTavish put up nine goals and two assists for 11 points in 13 games. He also added two goals and five assists for seven points in four playoff games. McTavish was part of Canada’s entry at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. This article was written before the gold medal game, but McTavish had five goals and six assists for 11 points in six tournament games.

In 2019-20, McTavish played for the OHL’s Peterborough Petes. He was the fifth overall pick in the 2019 OHL Draft. McTavish scored 29 goals and 13 assists for 42 points in 57 games. It was enough to see him named to the OHL All-Rookie Team. McTavish also played for Team Canada White at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals and an assist for three points in six games. McTavish’s father, Dale McTavish, also played for the Peterborough Petes. He had nine NHL games with the Calgary Flames before a long career in Europe.
Mason McTavish Scouting Report

2021 NHL Draft #12: Mason McTavish Scouting Report

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
This team has shown enough scouting ability early in drafts that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt while reserving the right to blast them later if they're wrong.

Reactions: Zegras11

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Bruh, he had better be the next coming of Lindros. :laugh:

Well, he's ours now. Best of luck, and let's hope he turns out like Lindholm where he was a marvelously scouted pick.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I think there may of have been better options , but a safe top 6 fwd who adds grit to the table . I am a huge fan of brayden Schenn and I think we got a similar player in McTavish so I can’t complain . Still feel that there were better options on the table though

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Welp...I really think we could have moved down and acquired another asset to get MacTavish but damn...there were so many options available.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I think there may of have been better options , but a safe top 6 fwd who adds grit to the table . I am a huge fan of brayden Schenn and I think we got a similar player in McTavish so I can’t complain . Still feel that there were better options on the table though
Maybe I'm being unrealistic but if Brayden Schenn is what we're hoping our pick to turn into........I feel a bit disappointed.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Totally fine with this pick. Going to start diving through his video on youtube but I completely trust Madden here. By all accounts he took a massive step forward in all of the areas he was questioned in which is a great sign for a prospect's curve.

And as always, I fully trust Martin Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad