Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
If he is 2nd pair on a good team in 4 years, cool. He will have clearly developed into a solid player.

If he is 2nd pair on a bad team in 4 years, it won’t mean that he has worked out or turned into a good pick.

Seems like a good guy, hope he surprises all of us.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Solid article on FJ.
'It's not fair to him': Looking at controversial Wild...

Funniest quote:
"He’s pretty OK with everything but there’s nothing really that stands out. He’s not really physical but he’s OK, he’s not really a power-play defenceman but he can handle the puck and he’s pretty OK with that too,” he said.

Last edited:

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
what has he done to exceed your expectations?
Well to be honest he didn't look very good last season and this season he plays in the SHL so I thought he would struggle and maybe not make the top 6 on the team. But I think he has played better than last season and looked solid in the defensive zone and good with the puck. As I wrote earlier you don't see much offense but I hope that will change as the season goes on. Leksand currently have two regular d-men out due to injury and it will be interesting to see what happens when they come back. Two other young d-men have really impressed too possibly even more than Filip and it will be a good fight for spots on the blue line.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Another solid game today. He snuck down from the blue line for a wide open net but tipped the puck over the net. Would have tied the game but thankfully we tied it later anyway.
Was surprised at how comfortable he looked against this level of competition, much improved compared to what I saw in the couple of games last season.

Aside from that late game back door chance he didn't really flash anything offensively, but was really solid defensively in all the shifts I saw. Good positioning and gap control and knew when to pressure the opposition forwards, moved the puck pretty well too, nothing special but made nice simple passes. Got 20 minutes of ice time too, hopefully he continues to get decent ice time throughout the year.

Do you know when the two injured d-men are scheduled to return from their injuries?

Last edited:

P10p

May 15, 2012
I feel like he is in the perfect position to develop. Everyone has already written him off so little to no pressure.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Do you know when the two injured d-men are scheduled to return from their injuries?

One is day-to-day I think the other one will be out until November probably. Yesterday another d-man had to leave the game after blocking a shot no word yet how long he will be out.

I mean is that a live hand or is the guy just going off a report or stats?

Looks like Tuntrui has seen him live. So thinking they have seen him live.

I watch all games, mostly on TV but sometimes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad