Prospect Info: With the #199 pick, the Wild select Pavel Jenys (C/F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Except Coyle goes in front of the net often. By your definition because Koivu plays defense, he's a defensemen.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So, someone who plays along the boards is not a perimeter player? I'm guessing in basketball 3 point shooters aren't perimeter players, then. Hmm...wait a minute...these are direct definitions of a perimeter player.

Just because a player plays well along the boards doesn't automatically make them a perimeter player.

Luckily, Jeny's doesn't shy away from the middle of the ice. Same goes for Coyle.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
By your definition because Koivu plays defense, he's a defensemen.

Nice try, thanks for playing.

minnesota said:
Just because a player plays well along the boards doesn't automatically make them a perimeter player.

Luckily, Jeny's doesn't shy away from the middle of the ice. Same goes for Coyle.

I know that its not the quality, but the quantity of how much they play around the boards. I just don't see the point of having so many big bodies if we don't play a Bruin-like game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I know that its not the quality, but the quantity of how much they play around the boards. I just don't see the point of having so many big bodies if we don't play a Bruin-like game.

I think we're really striving towards a puck-possession style. Size never hurts.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
So, someone who plays along the boards is not a perimeter player? I'm guessing in basketball 3 point shooters aren't perimeter players, then. Hmm...wait a minute...these are direct definitions of a perimeter player.

I understand the literal term and definition of perimeter. However, where you and I disagree is the context in which it is used in a scouting report. I believe that most scouts/GMs/etc. would not describe Coyle as a perimeter player. You make it sound like he doesn't screen, go to the front of the net, have any deflections, etc.

Guys that are described as perimeter players by scouts don't do any of that.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Is this a thread about Charlie Coyle or Pavel Jenys? Because, thanks to y'all going off topic by a country mile, I'm confused.

As for Mr. Jenys... Well. A rather tall but not very heavy forward. Sounds like a typical Czech player in that he prefers skill over muscle. Nothing wrong with that. Seems that he has also travelled a lot between various teams of the Kometa Brno organization. Perhaps he just hasn't found a spot in the line-up? Sounds like he was one of the prime forwards in the U20 team and saw some 4th line duty due to injuries/whatever. That's how it works in Europe usually, so I wouldn't be let down by his small numbers in men's league.

It will definitely be interesting possibly seeing him in CHL next year. Not that I have very big hopes for a 7th rounder, but it seems that he has talent and skill at least. Combine that with a good size and there's definitely some upside here. At this stage of the draft, this is as good of a pick as it gets. Who knows, we might be getting a good player down the line.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I have a very weird feeling of this guy, that he will get his **** together and appear in the NHL at some point.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I have a very weird feeling of this guy, that he will get his **** together and appear in the NHL at some point.

It would be cool. Czechs haven't been represented in our prospect pool in a while and getting a quality player from there would be very nice.

Hopefully he gets drafted to a good team in the CHL so we can get some solid viewings of him.

The only disappointing thing about him is that since he is going to the CHL that guarantees he can't be in the AHL for two years (right?) now. Which might not be a bad thing based on his age and where our rosters are at.

EDIT: Added a few new articles to the OP if people want some stuff to read on the guy. Playing in the CHL will probably get him some more exposure so we can see a bigger picture of what we've got.

I would think some new ones will come out after the CHL Import draft this week.

Last edited:

J22*

It would be cool. Czechs haven't been represented in our prospect pool in a while and getting a quality player from there would be very nice.

Hopefully he gets drafted to a good team in the CHL so we can get some solid viewings of him.

The only disappointing thing about him is that since he is going to the CHL that guarantees he can't be in the AHL for two years (right?) now. Which might not be a bad thing based on his age and where our rosters are at.

EDIT: Added a few new articles to the OP if people want some stuff to read on the guy. Playing in the CHL will probably get him some more exposure so we can see a bigger picture of what we've got.

I would think some new ones will come out after the CHL Import draft this week.

Bolded is incorrect. All of that nonsense is based on where you played the year of your draft. As long as you were not in the CHL before being drafted, It doesn't matter what you do after being. Even guys like Tuch and Belpedio could go to CHL this year and still play in the AHL at any time.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Bolded is incorrect. All of that nonsense is based on where you played the year of your draft. As long as you were not in the CHL before being drafted, It doesn't matter what you do after being. Even guys like Tuch and Belpedio could go to CHL this year and still play in the AHL at any time.

Ah, didn't know that was how it worked. Thanks.

Looks like I have no reason to complain now :laugh:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Just got picked by Sudbury in the CHL Import Draft. Should be a good opportunity for him.

Cool - looking through some of the multiround mock drafts out there, saw this guy in a few going as early as round 3. Might be a steal.

He could be the next Benoit Pouliot :)

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
The type of prospect I like in the late rounds. Size, skill and skating but immature. Might grow up to be a top 6 forward if he only puts he work in and grows up.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Just got picked by Sudbury in the CHL Import Draft. Should be a good opportunity for him.

Some very solid players on that team already. I really like the chance he has at proving himself in a league with a similar style to the NHL.

Good stuff.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
A guy over on the prospects board runs a blog that has a nice write up on Jenys and his new team. Plus a bunch of other prospects drafted into the OHL via the CHL Import Draft.
31. Sudbury Wolves - Pavel Jenys - Forward
Sudbury opts for Czech forward Pavel Jenys, who was a 7th round selection by the Minnesota Wild this year. He saw some action against men this year in the Czech main league and should be able to jump into a top 9 role for the Wolves this year.

Much more at the link. Nice write up. Check it out.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Pavel signed an ATO with the Iowa Wild, so it looks like he will get a few games in before the AHL season is over. Should be a good measuring stick to see how he is doing and give him a better idea on what to work on in the off-season and what to focus on next year in the CHL.

Tom Witosky
Roster update for #IAWild: Club has signed Pavel Jenys to an Amateur Tryout Contract. Jenys drafted by #mnwild 7th in 2014.
Tom Witosky
More on Jenys: Played this season for @Sudbury_Wolves in OHL where he had 15 goals and 30 assists. He is native of Brno, Czech Republic.

63 Games | 15 Goals | 30 Assists | 45 Points | -36

He had the most points in the entire team.

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Jenys has now played five games with Iowa and has three assists and is +3.

Great start, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad