Prospect Info: With the #167 pick, the Wild select Avery Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Avery Peterson, a big #MNWild fan growing up, remembers the Park goal from 2003 fondly
http://twitter.com/rstanzel/status/351510948844040192
BODRWHjCcAAqt2Y.jpg:large

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yeah I was scrambling around trying to figure out where he's going for college.

Going juniors instead? Or has he said he's going the NCAA route?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I think he has another year left of high school actually. He'll probably go play USHL, but I'm guessing that's why he hasn't committed anywhere yet.

Correct, he was just a junior this year.

I watched him play a few times, he's got some good size and he uses it fairly well but he'll have to work on his foot speed.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I wishi could post this on every MNHSL draftee there was.

TJ Oshie, Blake Wheeler, Nick Leddy, McDonaugh, Gardiner, etc...

Pat White, Brian Lee, Derek Fischer, Derek Forbort? etc...

The list goes on. All guys who dominated high school in very simular ways and then the later half hit a wall in college. The list of made its is much longer than the nevers or the fringe NHLers. This is also 1st rounders, Paul Martin was a 2nd rounder and turned out well.

People who claim to be in the know will tell you they knew otherwise on each individual case. None will chime in on Avery only how they knew White or Fischer were not going to be good NHLers.

Needs to play USHL to get a better picture. Does not need to play USHL to have success. It will paint a better picture. Even in Pat Whites case though, 8 goals in 12 USHL games.

More than a few GR kids have come to the Minnesota.

Pat White, Bischoff, Goligoski to name a few.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
He was pretty solid playing for Sioux City, which is where he'll likely be next year.

Pretty raw, but has good hands and vision. Showed improvement in using his size to his advantage over the course of the year.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He was pretty solid playing for Sioux City, which is where he'll likely be next year.

Pretty raw, but has good hands and vision. Showed improvement in using his size to his advantage over the course of the year.

I'm wondering why he hasn't committed to a college yet?...Do you know if a CHL team is holding his rights? If so, maybe he could go the Junior route instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad