Prospect Info: With the #167 pick, the Wild select Avery Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'm wondering why he hasn't committed to a college yet?...Do you know if a CHL team is holding his rights? If so, maybe he could go the Junior route instead?

Because he is a junior in high school and could likely go back for his senior year, AFAIK.

I could totally be wrong though.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Read in the Strib (and of course now can't find it) that he has visited UW, UND, & SCSU and may also take visits to UMN and OSU.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
Skating...

He is not the fastest skater out there, but he does use his body to protect the puck well against high schoolers. IMO, his skating will have to improve considerably if he's going to be a good college player let alone an effective player at the professional level.

He did score some clutch goals for the Thunderhawks this season. However, you have to question his stats a little considering the competition the Thunderhawks play that may have helped him inflate his stats a bit. They played some tough city schools and he had some good games and some where he was a non-factor. IMO, he was drafted where he should have been.

Yet, am I really happy with this pick? No, not really. Although I guess he fit our "at least one Minnesota High School" player quota this team has had since Fletcher arrived.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
He is not the fastest skater out there, but he does use his body to protect the puck well against high schoolers. IMO, his skating will have to improve considerably if he's going to be a good college player let alone an effective player at the professional level.

He did score some clutch goals for the Thunderhawks this season. However, you have to question his stats a little considering the competition the Thunderhawks play that may have helped him inflate his stats a bit. They played some tough city schools and he had some good games and some where he was a non-factor. IMO, he was drafted where he should have been.

Yet, am I really happy with this pick? No, not really. Although I guess he fit our "at least one Minnesota High School" player quota this team has had since Fletcher arrived.

I'm with you on this one, It saddens me how we passed on two franchise dman in order to pick Avery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad