With the 14th overall selection in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins select…

Who would YOU take with the Penguins pick?

• Matthew Wood-LW/C/RW

• Nate Danielson-C

• Riley Heidt-LW/C/RW

• Axel Sandin Pellikka-D

• Colby Barlow-LW

• Trade the pick for- (insert your player trade)

• Brayden Yager-C

• Andrew Cristall-LW

• Ryan Leonard-C

• Other-

• Trade up/down- (insert your deal)

• Eduard Sale-RW

• David Reinbacher-D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Uhhh, those are the names listed where we pick. You know, after 10. Are you serious or just messing with me?

I think there is a lot of NHL talent in this draft.

I do not think there are numerous franchise players like say 2003 or 2016.

There are a lot of top end talents that will be scooped in the top ten.

If we have a mid teens pick you trade it for value versus acquiring a Dylan Larkin or Travis Konecny.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I think there is a lot of NHL talent in this draft.

I do not think there are numerous franchise players like say 2003 or 2016.

There are a lot of top end talents that will be scooped in the top ten.

If we have a mid teens pick you trade it for value versus acquiring a Dylan Larkin or Travis Konecny.
You said there is no talent after 10, but the names listed are after 10. Now you write you think there is a lot of talent in this draft. Make up your mind.

Reactions: Pens x

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Besides, it doesn’t matter who is listed above. Anyone selected after the 10 spot will suck. I got my eye on you lol.
This draft sucks after the top ten.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He might be a reach at 15, but gimme Ethan Gauthier (C/RW). He is exactly the type of player we need.

- Responsible
- Good passer
- Good shot
- Goes to the dirty areas
- Likes the physical game and does not shy away from contact
- Great hockey sense

He already plays a pro game. The only question to me is if his offense can translate to the next level. IMO, at worse, he will be the kind of third liner you win Cups with.

That being said, he won't be a franchise player and his upside is limited. However, he is a REALLY safe pick that could come in fairly soon.

He would be the perfect third wheel for Sid and Jake stylistically.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
He might be a reach at 15, but gimme Ethan Gauthier (C/RW). He is exactly the type of player we need.

- Responsible
- Good passer
- Good shot
- Goes to the dirty areas
- Likes the physical game and does not shy away from contact
- Great hockey sense

He already plays a pro game. The only question to me is if his offense can translate to the next level. IMO, at worse, he will be the kind of third liner you win Cups with.

That being said, he won't be a franchise player and his upside is limited. However, he is a REALLY safe pick that could come in fairly soon.

He would be the perfect third wheel for Sid and Jake stylistically.
Good insight, thank you. Philadelphia has Cutter Gauthier so it would be the battle of the Gauthiers’ as well lol.

Honestly. All drafts suck after about the top 5-10. Total crapshoot after that.
They don’t suck. Pittsburgh drafts suck after 5. Only been a crapshoot for the Penguins. And this thread is about what YOU would do. Not them.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I did some math/stats stuff a few months ago to find out that the majority of defenseman aren't "NHL-ready"/regulars until 23.5 years of age. And if I remember correctly, forwards are a year earlier at 22.5.

The age skews a bit younger with selections made in the earlier rounds, but a selection at 15th overall is only "successful" 70% of the time.

Reactions: Wattsburgh

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Can someone refresh my memory on how this lottery works? I know we technically aren't even eligible for Bedard, but how high can we move up, if at all?

EDIT: Did some research. Tankathon currently has us with pick 1.14, and with the caveat we can move up only a maximum of 10 places, in theory we could get the 1.04?

1681396981278.png

1681397145956.png

Last edited:

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
We can move up to 5th overall if we beat Columbus tonight and get the 15th selection. So yes, 10 spots is how it is arranged for the 12-16 lottery teams.

11 can get 1
12 can get 2
13 can get 3
14 can get 4
15 can get 5
16 can get 6

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I have no idea what is there. What I don't want is another 5-10 lefty small winger/center. Get a big winger preferably a RH shot RW or a RD RH shot with size. Pens need to add some serious size to the mix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad