With Stoll Out, Who Do You Insert into Lineup?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Richardson should stay at wing, He is a terrible defensive Center.

Much better winger, Put Lewis at Center.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I actually like the idea of splitting up Carter and Richards and have them center 2C and 3C respectively. It probably won't happen, but that's what I'd like to see.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Didn't that also happen during last years series against the Blues?

Vancouver if I recall correctly. Dale Weise I think. Hopefully he can come back healthy next year. This is the third straight season he's gotten a concussion towards the end, not good considering the style he plays.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Must be a really bad concussion if they know he is gone for the year.. Not a good situation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was given he's had them in the past, but those kind of diagnoses are rarely made within 24 hours.

KingKopitar11*

No I wouldn't consider it too risky but it would depend on the Ace.

I would like to see AndyA get a few minutes here or there. I understand why Richardson is the safer pick to step in but a line with Nolan Fraser and AndyA could be pretty solid and exciting under the right circumstances. There are a couple of kids that could step in and do a solid job on the 4rth line imo.

I think we can put someone on the 4th better than Richardson because I think it's not really a risk since it's the fourth line playing small minutes. But yeah I see why they would play him though.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I think we can put someone on the 4th better than Richardson because I think it's not really a risk since it's the fourth line playing small minutes. But yeah I see why they would play him though.

I can agree with that and would like to see one or two of our kids get their feet wet on the fourth line and I also think that we have a couple of kids that would be an upgrade over Richardson but with Stoll being the guy who is out we need to play it safe at least Thursday.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Would love to see vey play for this team, but it would be way too risky to put in a player with 0 nhl experience and putting him straight into the playoffs. Going with most of what other people have said and just go with Richardson and move Lewis to center. I wouldn't mind if they do split up Richards and carter, but they have to play together.

My only concern now is our forward depth. If another player goes down, were screwed.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Where is Mathew Barry when you need him!?!?!?!?!?

(wtf did I just say:cry::laugh:;):naughty:)

Also to the OP...you have created more threads in your first day then I have in my how every many years here...feel like you got a lot on your chest...

KingKopitar11*

I can agree with that and would like to see one or two of our kids get their feet wet on the fourth line and I also think that we have a couple of kids that would be an upgrade over Richardson but with Stoll being the guy who is out we need to play it safe at least Thursday.

I agree, I just don't see it much of a risk playing someone 4th line minutes instead of Richardson. He doesn't bring much anyways which is why I was suggesting it.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
might i remind you, our best line against the sharks not to long ago in the playoffs was the clifford-richardson-simmonds line. Dont think hes dropped that far off skill wise. Guy plays responsibly while using his speed and intensity very effectively.

I have faith that he'll have an effective game tonight. Don't worry richie, there are still a few out there that believe in you!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
might i remind you, our best line against the sharks not to long ago in the playoffs was the clifford-richardson-simmonds line. Dont think hes dropped that far off skill wise. Guy plays responsibly while using his speed and intensity very effectively.

I have faith that he'll have an effective game tonight. Don't worry richie, there are still a few out there that believe in you!

Ah, yes. Jarret Stoll as our number one center.

Smyth - Stoll - Williams
Penner - Handzus - Brown
Clifford - Richardson - Simmonds
Westgarth - Lewis - Ponikarovsky

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Martinez - Greene

We still almost beat the Sharks, too. Lost 4-2, three of which were lost in overtime. Compare that to our current lineup! Every single forward position, we improved upon.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Vancouver if I recall correctly. Dale Weise I think. Hopefully he can come back healthy next year. This is the third straight season he's gotten a concussion towards the end, not good considering the style he plays.

It was Vancouver, hit was delivered by Byron Bitz (was suspended 2 games) last year in I think game 3. Really becoming alarming how often he seems to be knocked out of the lineup with concussions. Not good for a player in his role.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa

I miss this line so much.

Sydor25

LA Kings
I don't think Sutter would do this, but what do you think of the following lineup:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Carter-Lewis <--- Penner and Lewis can dig in the corners for Carter in the high slot
King-Richards-Toffoli <--- Richards can take the third line defensive center role and Toffoli hasn't looked out of place
Richardson-Fraser-Nolan

Faceoffs would be stronger.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I don't think Sutter would do this, but what do you think of the following lineup:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Carter-Lewis <--- Penner and Lewis can dig in the corners for Carter in the high slot
King-Richards-Toffoli <--- Richards can take the third line defensive center role and Toffoli hasn't looked out of place
Richardson-Fraser-Nolan

Faceoffs would be stronger.

I don't know.

I like the 3rd line or would like to see how it works and agree that it would make our 3rd as good as it has been, maybe better but the second line scares the pants off of me. I see where you are going though and I don't think that they look bad or anything. Just a bit scary.

The best coach I played under preached consistency. I always tend to see things the same way. Stoll is out? Replace Stoll with the best player available without making wholesale changes to your line up.

In this case we may end up having to do some and if we do I would want to see your changes to see how they work. Interesting line up anyway you look at it.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I wouldn't touch the top6, as for the bottom6 I'd try this:

Penner-Lewis-Toffoli
A power forward, a speedy two way center and a sniper, it could work well.

Richardson-Fraser-Nolan
Last year they had great chemistry during our run. Even though Nolan hasn't been the same player.

Just my 0.2

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't touch the top6, as for the bottom6 I'd try this:

Penner-Lewis-Toffoli
A power forward, a speedy two way center and a sniper, it could work well.

Richardson-Fraser-Nolan
Last year they had great chemistry during our run. Even though Nolan hasn't been the same player.

Sutter won't split up Richards and Carter, they're far too valuable together and have been terrific so far. They're better together than they are apart.
And I like the lines above as well, I think Lewis and Toffoli have the speed to create and Penner is the muscle.

I guess we'll find when the morning skate lines are put out .

And Sutter likes to jangle the lines up in the 3rd if he sees fit to get a different mix, and with Richardson in he can do that.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Projected Lines – Los Angeles

Dustin Brown – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Dwight King – Mike Richards – Jeff Carter
Dustin Penner – Brad Richardson – Trevor Lewis
Jordan Nolan – Colin Fraser – Tyler Toffoli

Robyn Regehr – Drew Doughty
Rob Scuderi – Slava Voynov
Jake Muzzin – Alec Martinez

Jonathan Quick

SJ loading up their top 6.

Projected Lines – San Jose

TJ Galiardi – Joe Thornton – Brent Burns
Patrick Marleau – Logan Couture – Joe Pavelski
Jame Sheppard – Scott Gomez – Tommy Wingels
Andrew Desjardins – Tim Kennedy – Bracken Kearns

Matt Irwin – Dan Boyle
Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Justin Braun
Scott Hannan – Brad Stuart

Antti Niemi

We can take them on 5-5 without Stoll. We need to stay out of the box though.
This is a team that struggled with goals in the regular season so we can shut them down again. Without Clowe, Torres and Murray this team is soft. Hard on the body and they will crack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad