With Stoll Out, Who Do You Insert into Lineup?

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
This is a tough one - we need a center who is good on faceoffs and responsible on the defensive end. Move one of the other players to center and add Richardson back in lineup? Call me crazy, but I might give Vey a chance. He's been in the AHL for two years now and seems pretty responsible in his own end. Could be a gamble, but it might be really good experience for him. I doubt Sutter does this, especially since he didn't have any regular season playing time with the big club.

treize_kushrenada

Oct 25, 2006
This is a tough one - we need a center who is good on faceoffs and responsible on the defensive end. Move one of the other players to center and add Richardson back in lineup? Call me crazy, but I might give Vey a chance. He's been in the AHL for two years now and seems pretty responsible in his own end. Could be a gamble, but it might be really good experience for him. I doubt Sutter does this, especially since he didn't have any regular season playing time with the big club.
I don't think its a good idea to put a rookie who has 0 NHL games under his belt for game 2 of the WSF. Brad Richardson will get the call me

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I go with Richardson.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Lewis-Tofolli
Richardson-Fraser-Nolan

I like this. Lewie just has to be better at face offs.

Hope Clifford returns soon, he does well against the Sharks.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Yep, it will be Richardson.

Per lakingsinsider:
"As expected, Darryl Sutter indicated that Brad Richardson would re-enter the lineup. Richardson has appeared in one playoff game thus far, having logged 14:02 of ice time in the 2-1 overtime loss to St. Louis in the opening game of the first round."

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I go with Richardson.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Lewis-Tofolli
Richardson-Fraser-Nolan

I like it.

It isn't perfect but it is pretty much the best we can do without ripping up our top 6.

With Clifford Stoll and Greene out we have our hands full.

I hope that pile of human excrement Torres never touches the ice in the NHL again.

Hardly a fair trade off.

KingKopitar11*

I like it.

It isn't perfect but it is pretty much the best we can do without ripping up our top 6.

With Clifford Stoll and Greene out we have our hands full.

I hope that pile of human excrement Torres never touches the ice in the NHL again.

Hardly a fair trade off.

Would you think putting in one of the aces would be too risky considering it's only 4th line minutes?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Richardson always brings a ton of energy, especially after a long layoff. Hopefully he'll have even more than usual given the circumstances. Glad we have this depth, but it's a shame we have to use it.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I think I'd just plug Richardson right in where Stoll plays and see how it plays out. I think they have similar games, both speedy guys that are good on the draw. Richie is obviously not as physical. I guess Lewis could play that center position, but he's just so good as a winger where his skating can really shine, and he was always bad at faceoffs even when he played center regularly.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I feel like Richardson always scores when he's reinserted in to the line-up, then never again until he sits out and comes back again.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I would have gone 7 dmen again and cut down a little on Regehr and Scuderi's minutes to keep them more fresh. Trevor can center the 3rd line with Penner and you can rotate double shifting between Btown, Williams, Carter & Nolan. Worked against STL.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I would have gone 7 dmen again and cut down a little on Regehr and Scuderi's minutes to keep them more fresh. Trevor can center the 3rd line with Penner and you can rotate double shifting between Btown, Williams, Carter & Nolan. Worked against STL.

Never really thought of that. That could work as well.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Would you think putting in one of the aces would be too risky considering it's only 4th line minutes?

No I wouldn't consider it too risky but it would depend on the Ace.

I would like to see AndyA get a few minutes here or there. I understand why Richardson is the safer pick to step in but a line with Nolan Fraser and AndyA could be pretty solid and exciting under the right circumstances. There are a couple of kids that could step in and do a solid job on the 4rth line imo.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Boo hoo, losing Torres compared to Stoll is not a big deal. The Sharks will be fine. If they would have lost Marleau, it would've been equal...

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
This, without a second thought. You don't put a rookie like Vey in that has absolutely no NHL experience. Moving Tofolli up to the 3rd adds offense to that line.

I love Vey and have been banging that drum since his draft day but I wouldn't put him into our line up unless it was the final few minutes of our final cup winning game and we were up by four.

I wouldn't do that to the kid or the rest of the team. He is up along with Shore and the rest to see what is expected of them when they get their shot and how absolutely great it is to play in the NHL, for the Kings with a real shot at winning the cup.

Everything else should only be considered as on the most dire of emergencies and this isn't one of those.

I agree with ya Scotterator!

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Richardson always brings a ton of energy, especially after a long layoff. Hopefully he'll have even more than usual given the circumstances. Glad we have this depth, but it's a shame we have to use it.

Problem is he sucks after that first game. Hope Stoll comes back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad