Sportsnet: With family settled, Murray gets down to business with Senators teammates

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I feel like signing this guy is the biggest risk we are taking and I'm pretty sure we overcommitted.
Goalies are such a massive crapshoot that I would pretty much never trade anything of value for them. Not to mention margins are so large.

like a goalie of .920 vs a goalie of .915 or 910. How many more goals against is that per game? Per 10 games. Per season. How many more wins does it translate to. Not many.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Goalies are such a massive crapshoot that I would pretty much never trade anything of value for them. Not to mention margins are so large.

like a goalie of .920 vs a goalie of .915 or 910. How many more goals against is that per game? Per 10 games. Per season. How many more wins does it translate to. Not many.

On the flip side, that variance could be the difference in a triple OT playoff game between a win or a loss.

I do agree with the notion it's usually best to not sell the farm for goaltenders. The Ben Bishop way is the best.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
On the flip side, that variance could be the difference in a triple OT playoff game between a win or a loss.

I do agree with the notion it's usually best to not sell the farm for goaltenders. The Ben Bishop way is the best.
I think a second is too steep to pay. Way too steep.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

At 33 shots a game, you got 100 shots in3 games. The difference is 91 stops versus 92. That's a goal every 3 games. That's huge actually

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
At 33 shots a game, you got 100 shots in3 games. The difference is 91 stops versus 92. That's a goal every 3 games. That's huge actually

Is it really though. I don’t think that’s changing many wins to losses or losses to wins. It obviously depends on your teams offense. But on average. Eh. Not to mention for the most part you don’t even know what the goalie is going to give you when you acquire him

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016

A consideration above the numbers is that the very best goalies make shooters believe they need a perfect shot to score, meaning more prime chances with no shots as they miss the net, also giving fewer scramble and rebound opportunities.
Domink Hasek in his prime was probably worth at least a goal a game to the Sabres, recent top goalies might be a half a goal per or more.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I've actually forgotten about him a couple times, but picked him up way later than he should have been available in my keeper league draft.

We obviously need results, but if he pans out, it will probably be the best deal Dorion has made. A young 6'4 #1G with two cups?

Reactions: aragorn

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I've actually forgotten about him a couple times, but picked him up way later than he should have been available in my keeper league draft.

We obviously need results, but if he pans out, it will probably be the best deal Dorion has made. A young 6'4 #1G with two cups?

He has all the pedigree and accolades you could ask for. He just needs to perform for the sens.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Is it really though. I don’t think that’s changing many wins to losses or losses to wins. It obviously depends on your teams offense. But on average. Eh. Not to mention for the most part you don’t even know what the goalie is going to give you when you acquire him

An extra goal saved every 3 games is huge.

It turns 1 goal losses into at least a point and it can turn an OT loss into a regulation win.

It's 27 goals saved on the season that's huge.

Reactions: h2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad