Speculation: With Covid around is our private plane an advantage?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I live in Bellingham. The lines at Costco are a lot shorter after we banned you people. And the traffic moves a lot better. So sick of Canadian shoppers driving 50 mph and crowding Costco, lol. I'm still waiting for Trump to build a damn wall to keep you people out.

LOL ya I understand but I do miss crossing border to hit up Ridge Motorsports in Shelton Wa miss my track days !! I'm in Abbotsford were only 30 minutes away from Bellingham if that.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think this is the only hope for a full season.

Are players willing to sacrifice that kind of freedom and be away from their families? I don't know. It's easy enough when it's just the playoffs like now, but the full 82 game grind?

I don't see a single player signing up for even a 41 game bubble schedule. Money is one thing, but basically no freedom, friends and family will be a deal breaker.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Vancouver is the correct answer....best big city in North America
One thing I want to point out about the PNW is that the water here is very cold year round, and it never gets hot during the summer. I'm the only person in my neighborhood who installed central A/C.

That means you won't be swimming in a lake or ocean without a wetsuit. Plus it rains from Oct through May almost every day. There's a reason why it's not the most popular place to live.

I happen to like wet weather, it's great for both duck hunting and skiing (assuming it comes in the form of snow in the mountain).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
One thing I want to point out about the PNW is that the water here is very cold year round, and it never gets hot during the summer. I'm the only person in my neighborhood who installed central A/C.

That means you won't be swimming in a lake or ocean without a wetsuit. Plus it rains from Oct through May almost every day. There's a reason why it's not the most popular place to live.

I happen to like wet weather, it's great for both duck hunting and skiing (assuming it comes in the form of snow in the mountain).

Well, I'm sold. Sounds like heaven to me.

Reactions: Gniwder

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Considering what happened with the Cardinals, and Toronto not allowing baseball games in that city, I would not be surprised if the NHL decided to play the entire season in Edm/Tor bubble. Makes the private plane discussion moot.

It would suck for the players, but they have to be willing to make some sacrifices for $1M+ salaries.

I can't see bubble isolation working for an entire season. A playoff run of 2 months for the finalists is brutal as it is. Instead of 12 teams who dwindle with each round, imagine 15 and 16 teams stick in the bubble for many months.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This has been covered and yes I think all of them charter or have private planes.

I think the Ilitch family will have an interesting issue here in terms of this if the league does start December/January and baseball is played. The Wings and Tigers share the same plane from what I understand. Usually not a huge issue in terms of how their seasons align, but they are likely to be on the hook for a far larger bill. It isn't just figuring it out in the NHL playoffs and early baseball season this time it could be both playing well into July.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I would hope not since I'd be sitting 3 ft away.

Seriously, if you're interested in the area, I'll give you a tour. You're even welcome to use my ski condo in Glacier, WA.

That's very generous of you. I look forward to these kinds of things when the world isn't on fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad