Line Combos: With A Healthy Forward Corps Now (sans Kozun), What Line Combos Do You Expect To See?

The Big Chief

Dec 2, 2013
Markham/London
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Kadri-Lupul
Santa-Holland-Clarkson
Winnik-Carrick-Booth
Panik

With these types of lines, there's no reason why the 4th line can't see 9-12 minutes a night. Although I'm not sure where he'd fit right now, I'd love to see Panik in a top 9 role.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Komarov - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Winnick
Lupul - Santo - Holland
Panic - Smith - Clarkson

I would go with this lineup. A well-balanced attack. First two lines having same amount of minutes, or more minutes for either if one is line is clicking that night.

Tyler Biggs*

Things could get better as Booth and Lupes get their legs under them.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
The reason I say Lupul-Bozak-Kessel on the top line is because lupul is an elite shooter which gives kessel options of the rush, and lets be honest kessels line is a rush line. Then give jvr to kadri, and let komarov-santa run the 3rd line because they are good together.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
The reason I say Lupul-Bozak-Kessel on the top line is because lupul is an elite shooter which gives kessel options of the rush, and lets be honest kessels line is a rush line. Then give jvr to kadri, and let komarov-santa run the 3rd line because they are good together.

Then the first line becomes even more weak defensively. Think the better option is to have Bozak-JVR, and Kadri-Kessel together with Komarov and Winnik filling the other wing spots. Then have Lupul-Santo-Holland as third line. Makes for more well rounded lines.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Randy not activating the blender yet after a 2 game bounce back.

Practice lines

JvR - Bozak - Kessel

Komarov - Kadri - Santorelli

Winnik - Holland - Clarkson

Booth - Smith - Lupul

Panik out man out. Kozun still skating but will probably be in the same position as Panik even when he is healthy.

Defence

Phaneuf - Franson

Rielly - Robidas

Gardiner - Holzer

Personally I would have liked to have seen Santorelli and Booth on the same line and see if they can maintain the chemistry they had in Florida in the 2010-2011 season and briefly last year with the Canucks before Santorelli got hurt, plus, I would put Lupul back on the Kessel line and flip Bozak-Kadri.

My Forward lines would be

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Booth - Santorelli - Komarov

Winnik - Smith - Holland

But, we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

i'd like to see:

komorov - Kadri - Kessel

JVR - Bozak - lupul

winnik- Santorelli - clarkson

booth- Holland- pannik

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Lupul Kadri kessel
Booth Bozak JVR
Komorov Holland Santo
Panik Winnik Clarkson

And how about going 4 forwards on the 1st PP?
JVR-Bozak-Kadri
Kessel-Franson

But then again he loves that damn 1st line, on the PP too.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Lupul Kadri kessel
Booth Bozak JVR
Komorov Holland Santo
Panik Winnik Clarkson

JVR-Bozak-Kadri
Kessel-Franson

I have always been intrigued with using Kessel on the point. With his shot he could be deadly walking in. Would be interested in giving it a try.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
I have always been intrigued with using Kessel on the point. With his shot he could be deadly walking in. Would be interested in giving it a try.

Unfortunately It probably hasn't even crossed Randy's mind.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lines in practice today:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Komo - Kadri - Santo
Lupul - Holland - Clarkson
Winnik - Smith - Booth/Panik

TML1

Oct 18, 2014

And just so happens Montreal is trying it in practice today. Not saying ours will work but try it out . Montreals in first and their still experimenting trying to improve. Randy just sticks with the same thing over and over again.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Lupul Kadri kessel
Booth Bozak JVR
Komorov Holland Santo
Panik Winnik Clarkson

JVR-Bozak-Kadri
Kessel-Franson

That is probably true. Seems like a stubborn man.

Guess we were wrong about Carlyle. He's not that stubborn. Trying it today in practice! Awesome!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Lines in practice today:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Komo - Kadri - Santo
Lupul - Holland - Clarkson
Winnik - Smith - Booth/Panik

that looks pretty good to me.

winnik could probably play centre on the 4th line and booth and panik could play on the wing, and then send smith back down.

i haven't been very impressed with the first line lately... hopefully they'll start playing better soon... otherwise we might have to mix things up. switching JVR and Lupul could be an option.

Eddie Livingstone

May 25, 2014
Porquis Junction
I like Bozak, but I'd rather see Kadri on the top line, also uncle Leo on the second line.either way, We need to lock down our first two lines all ready! Let the guys build some chemistry for Petes sake Randy!! God I dislike him...

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
If the first line doesn't have a good game tonight, I would blow up the line and try this:

Komorov - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Santorelli
JVR - Holland - Clarkson
Booth - Winnik - Panik

Tyler Biggs*

I would like to see Komarov Kadri and Clarkson together more.....Kadri can score goals when hes fired up ......who better to fire someone up than Komarov? Then you have Clarkson being a pest in front of the net creating time and space.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I would like to see Komarov Kadri and Clarkson together more.....Kadri can score goals when hes fired up ......who better to fire someone up than Komarov? Then you have Clarkson being a pest in front of the net creating time and space.

Keep Clarkson away from them. They don't work well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad