Post-Game Talk: With 58% odds to pick 7th or 8th, Vancouver will select... 7th in the 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I will watch it, for the same reason people slow down to look at accidents. Nothing I can do about it; I will probably see something horrible that will unsettle me for a long time; my viewership is likely only making things worse; but I just can't turn away. The bloody wreckage of this franchise is somehow fascinating.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
I mentioned this in the draft thread, I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him. I'd much rather pick someone with a higher ceiling. Any of Wahlstrom, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard, Boqvist, Kotkaniemi, Smith, etc.

Agreed, minus Bouchard, him and Tkachuk are both gonna be duds for a top 10 pick

Reactions: Index

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This has been a storybook ending on legendary careers. The sedins were full of class and respect. I believe we will get rewarded by their karma and get 1st overall this year.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If Bouchard is still there at 8th
you definitely pick him over Tkchuk

1.Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3.Zadina
4.Boqvist
5.Hughes
6.Dobson
7. Welstrom
8. Bouchard
10. Tkachuk

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The Canucks are going to win the 2nd or 3rd pick and will use it to take a defenceman not the BPA. Guaranteed.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Bit annoyed to be drafting 7th (highest odds by far) instead of 6th.

Hopefully Sens and Habs blatant tanking over the last quarter won't be rewarded.

If we can't win the Isles getting some would tickle me.

Oh well, with Hughes, Wahlstrom and even Tkachuk getting more ink of late it looks like there is reasonable chance that 2/3 of the RHD will be there.

Might be wrong, but if only the 5 highest odds teams are represented at the lottery by execs then Trev must be relieved. There is just no expression to fit the occasion.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Coming out of this season without one of the top 3 would be kind of disappointing. Hopefully all those defensemen after those 3 turn out good or at least the one we pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad