Post-Game Talk: With 58% odds to pick 7th or 8th, Vancouver will select... 7th in the 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Meh after the top 3 it's pretty wide open. We can't mess up too much.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hmmm got EdmontonFlorda Buffalo which would bump us to 8th. Thatd be ok dont see a big diffy between 6-10 imo. Would hurt to see Edmonton get Dahlin after their brutally put together team keeps bombing. Nice for Florida cause Luuu. And Buffalo is no suprise after last place dropped three spots last year

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
So we can pick 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, or 8.
So guaranteed chance at one of Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi. Now it's up to Benning.

Though if we are at #8 and Tkachuk slides, I have a hard time trusting Benning won't pick him.
Still, Tkachuk will be a solid player at #8, would not be too upset.

Regardless, I think we will get a great prospect wherever we land.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Now 3 weeks of people posting their results from Tankathon lmao

lottery can't come soon enough
For some reason it didn't help last year or the year before. Benning even practiced with it a heap to gain an edge over other GMs at the draft lottery.

Last edited:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
For some reason it didn't help last year or the year before. Benning even practiced with it a heap to gain an edge over other GMs at the draft lottery.

Pray tell how do you "practice" a lottery in order to gain an edge over other GM's?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
The Sedins embody the franchise of the Vancouver Canucks themselves.

17 or 18 seasons? I am not even going to check. Something has become apparent to me the past few years as a fan. People are fundamentally different. The idea of having the Canucks lose these last 2 games to increase a tiny marginal percentage of a draft pick can be divided completely in half, one group going of course, another going god no.

The Sedins won every award and record you could but no Cup. The Canucks have achieved everything you could but no Cup. 48 seasons of beings the brides maid but never the bride. Tanking is a fairly new thing in sports I believe and who knows how applicable it is to other sports at all. Do Champions league soccer teams even operate with a draft?

The fanbase at least on here has polarized but I even heard casual fans like the radio DJs starting to mention tanking.

I think a point a lot of tankists miss though. Is it isnt 2011 or even 2013 anymore. We have sucked for a long time. The difference in 10% chance wont matter.

we have a 91% chance to not draft 1st overall

Last place has an 82% chance not to draft 1st overall.

Philly came 2nd last year.

You can be mad about a GM not making rebuilding moves but its literally % who cares

Have fun with each other inb4 ryjo

Reactions: Cogburn

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The Sedins embody the franchise of the Vancouver Canucks themselves.

17 or 18 seasons? I am not even going to check. Something has become apparent to me the past few years as a fan. People are fundamentally different. The idea of having the Canucks lose these last 2 games to increase a tiny marginal percentage of a draft pick can be divided completely in half, one group going of course, another going god no.

The Sedins won every award and record you could but no Cup. The Canucks have achieved everything you could but no Cup. 48 seasons of beings the brides maid but never the bride. Tanking is a fairly new thing in sports I believe and who knows how applicable it is to other sports at all. Do Champions league soccer teams even operate with a draft?

The fanbase at least on here has polarized but I even heard casual fans like the radio DJs starting to mention tanking.

I think a point a lot of tankists miss though. Is it isnt 2011 or even 2013 anymore. We have sucked for a long time. The difference in 10% chance wont matter.

we have a 91% chance to not draft 1st overall

Last place has an 82% chance not to draft 1st overall.

Philly came 2nd last year.

You can be mad about a GM not making rebuilding moves but its literally % who cares

Have fun with each other inb4 ryjo

Its not just about the 1st overall. Its about security. You can't fall to 9th from 1st overall.

Do you care about other % as little? Like... Save% or shooting% or interest on a mortgage?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Its not just about the 1st overall. Its about security. You can't fall to 9th from 1st overall.

Do you care about other % as little? Like... Save% or shooting% or interest on a mortgage?

Yea it does not matter. I can mention Edmonton missing the playoffs despite winning every 1st overall or I can mention players like Nylander being drafted at 8th instead of Virtanen at 5th

Sports is not math and not always pure rational problem solving. Unlike finance as you put it. Yes I do like SV% a very reasonable measure of a goalie. Draft % is a poor solution to a real issue of hockey being such a unique game where players bust and you need elite franchise players hand over fist to win the cup.

I think the best way I can say it is if the players I cheer for want to win games. Then I as said fan of said players also want them to win. Despite winning decreasing the çháñçè of drafting 1st overall or the çhàñçè of not dropping in the standings. If drafting 1st overall even matters compared to a multitude of varying factors.

Honestly if you want my McDonalds Monopoly stickers that bsd go fish for them in the trash because no way in hell would I hand them over to any of you.

Matter of fact iam smearing mayonaise over the fry package from now on.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yea it does not matter. I can mention Edmonton missing the playoffs despite winning every 1st overall or I can mention players like Nylander being drafted at 8th instead of Virtanen at 5th

Sports is not math and not always pure rational problem solving. Unlike finance as you put it. Yes I do like SV% a very reasonable measure of a goalie. Draft % is a poor solution to a real issue of hockey being such a unique game where players bust and you need elite franchise players hand over fist to win the cup.

I think the best way I can say it is if the players I cheer for want to win games. Then I as said fan of said players also want them to win. Despite winning decreasing the çháñçè of drafting 1st overall or the çhàñçè of not dropping in the standings. If drafting 1st overall even matters compared to a multitude of varying factors.

Honestly if you want my McDonalds Monopoly stickers that bsd go fish for them in the trash because no way in hell would I hand them over to any of you.

Matter of fact iam smearing mayonaise over the fry package from now on.

Guess it comes down to liking the players or not.
I can't stand most of the guys on the team at the moment. And it just so happens the people who actually did the winning these last games are people who really should not be on the team at all. Jussi Jokinen, Sam Gagner and Sutter etc.

That being said, I did put two players ahead of my rational thinking for the last two games.
Cried my eyes out twice watching the Sedin's walk away from the game. And could not have hoped for a better ending then the OT winner for their last home game.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Had to run it 27 times for us to get 1st. Man o man thats a bad pctg. And only got 2nd twice and 3rd once

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
First try....I will stop now.

upload_2018-4-8_7-44-44.png

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
If the Canucks had simply continued on their season to date pace over the final 10 they would've ended up 30th. It'll be interestingto see where Ottawa ends up and who they get compared to Vancouver. Though who knows, maybe Vancouver will get lucky and end up in the top 3.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
Personally I'd rather take Wahlstrom and grab a defenseman with our second, possibility of a few of Jett Woo, KAndre Miller, Matias Samuelsson, Rasmus Sandin, Ryan Merkly, Johnny Tychoniak dropping yo the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad