Post-Game Talk: With 58% odds to pick 7th or 8th, Vancouver will select... 7th in the 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Honestly, if the Canucks don't get the #1 overall pick they are still going to get a great player. I think there are 9 top players and the Canucks will get one of them.

My only hope, is that the Canucks pick in the top 6 and get either Boqvist or Hughes.

Personally I think they teams got the eye's set on a player after the draft order is announced, wether we win the 1st pick or not. We got a good one coming.

but hey WE ARE WINNING THIS YEARS LOTTERY.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I would draft Quinn Hughes if Dahlin and Boqvist are not available. What he did as a rookie their is quite amazing.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I would draft Quinn Hughes if Dahlin and Boqvist are not available. What he did as a rookie their is quite amazing.
I got him at 6 Grubster. Gotta go BPA and i think Wahlstorm and Zadina are ahead of Hughes too in addition to the two you mentioned plus Svech. Him and Kotkaniemi at 6/7 probably

Reactions: Grub

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I got him at 6 Grubster. Gotta go BPA and i think Wahlstorm and Zadina are ahead of Hughes too in addition to the two you mentioned plus Svech. Him and Kotkaniemi at 6/7 probably

I'm a bit skeptical with Zadina actually. I don't know why he just reminds me to much of his countrymen Pavel Zacha.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Interesting. So basically a PPG player until Hughes arrives, then in 28 games together Wahlstrom scores 52 and Hughes 51. That would worry me a bit if drafting him.

The USNTDP U18 schedule is so damn complex, thats why some players forgo it and just stick with a USHL team in their draft year.

In those 28 games he played against
USHL
NCAA Div III
NCAA Div I
International tournaments

against DIV I NCAA he had 9 points in 8 games

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
Well, it’s not top 10 so it’s not protected

They could win the lottery and retain the rights to draft in a top 3 spot. Any non-playoff team can win picks #1, #2, and #3. Heads-up play by St. Louis management to put conditions on the pick (unlike Calgary). And yeah trading a late 1st and a mid 1st is nothing to cry over.

Schenn has been an excellent pick-up and he's only 26

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
1 Dahlin
2 Svech
3 Wahlstorm
4 Zadina
5 Boquist
6 Kotkaniemi
7 Hughes
8 Dobson
9 Farabee
10 Tkachuck
11 Bouchard

Reactions: dim jim

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hughes or Boqvist whoever is still left. My reasons is what I mentioned in the Ehroff retirement comment. We need offensive time in the offensive zone, quality ones, I think those guys can deliver that. This can be a difference of 20 points for Boeser Pettersson.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Oh god I wish we would get Dahlin.

Dahlin, Petterson, Dahlen :). Lets have a miracle here.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'm a bit skeptical with Zadina actually. I don't know why he just reminds me to much of his countrymen Pavel Zacha.

Except Zadina put up 44 goals in his draft year and Zacha put up 44 goals in his entire CHL career.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I have made a very(not really) important decision...

I have decided to SACRIFICE myself for the greater good of the Canucks team.

I have over 55k Posts, I have been a member so long that I went through medical problems, got married, found a great career, and many other fantastic and god awful events since I first joined.

I will DELETE my account and start a completely Fresh account IF the gods listen and accept this sacrifice and we WIN THE DRAFT LOTTERY and pick #1 and draft Dahlin.

For the people who love me and hate me, I am willing to do this.
(honestly this means nothing but ill do it for fun)

So lets win this damn lottery.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Damn that's some dedication LB

Just realized I created my account over 10 years ago on HF........ I wonder who the other old timers are on here

Reactions: Canucks LB

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Significantly fewer posts, but an equivalent amount of milestones since I joined here too. The only reason I logged in again was to block certain backwards typing posters from my boards. I'll pledge to unblock him if we draft #1 OA.

Reactions: Szechwan

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I have made a very(not really) important decision...

I have decided to SACRIFICE myself for the greater good of the Canucks team.

I have over 55k Posts, I have been a member so long that I went through medical problems, got married, found a great career, and many other fantastic and god awful events since I first joined.

I will DELETE my account and start a completely Fresh account IF the gods listen and accept this sacrifice and we WIN THE DRAFT LOTTERY and pick #1 and draft Dahlin.

For the people who love me and hate me, I am willing to do this.
(honestly this means nothing but ill do it for fun)

So lets win this damn lottery.

tenor.gif
Wow thats crazy Luc thats heart. Ive been a long timer here almost too coming up on FOUR years which is nothing compared to you in some others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad