Wish list to replace Hak

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He trusts youth. If you are good enough you are old enough.

This is the key to our next hiring as far as I am concerned, provided we can blast Hakstok to the Moon before they all grow old. If we agree that players make the difference far more than coaches, then we want a coach who will get out of the way, more than anything, and let our players - who we have been stellar in identifying - do their thing. Right now, we have the corncob dunce with Hexy's hand up his hole, muttering nonsense and playing brick wall to our race cars. We need them to be developed of course, but if we start from the above and let them play, that is a good start. Hexy isn't immune to criticism on this count, obviously, and the organizational slow burn needs to be doused ASAP, but one thing at a time.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
No no no no no no no no no no no no no

exactly. people think the Flyers are boring and dull, his teams usually are.
and on top of that he is a clown in a suit behind the bench.
would want Sutter to coach this team and Mark Morris as an assistant, the guy is great with younger players.
stay far, far away from Torts, Julien and Therrien.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
exactly. people think the Flyers are boring and dull, his teams usually are.
and on top of that he is a clown in a suit behind the bench.
would want Sutter to coach this team and Mark Morris as an assistant, the guy is great with younger players.
stay far, far away from Torts, Julien and Therrien.

Sutter synonymous with boring

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Knoblauch I think would be the best solution as a head coach. Knows the personnel, knows a general system and has a high offensive game to his system. Plus, he has a history of winning.

I think another good thing about hiring him next (say after next season) is that we are bound to get a reaction out of him - he is bound to veer from Hacksaw's methods. In addition to (presumably) having a different philosophy, just being here and seeing what fails firsthand is likely to make him swerve the same things that didn't work. Since absolutely 100% of everything Hacksaw thinks or does fails miserably, it would be good to see something different.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Based on the complaints I keep seeing from CBJ fans, it doesn't seem like Torts changed that much. Last year was just incredibly fortunate and they're bitching about the same things we bitch about.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also don't know why anyone would want Knoblauch.

There's two options:

a) he has no control over anything right now, which would mean you guys are just asking for him while knowing nothing about him (if you're only going based on what's written about him, remember that there were good things said about Hakstol before he got here too)

b) he has control, which would mean that he's responsible for all the stupid shit we're seeing when it comes to the 2nd PP personnel (Lehtera, Manning, no TK or Patrick at times, etc)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also don't know why anyone would want Knoblauch.

There's two options:

a) he has no control over anything right now, which would mean you guys are just asking for him while knowing nothing about him (if you're only going based on what's written about him, remember that there were good things said about Hakstol before he got here too)

b) he has control, which would mean that he's responsible for all the stupid **** we're seeing when it comes to the 2nd PP personnel (Lehtera, Manning, no TK or Patrick at times, etc)

Knoblauch implements the system, but it's up to Hak to supply the personnel for the system. I say Knoblauch because he knows what we have here and how we can be better as well. He understands the people here and with that knowledge, it can help transition easier to a new system.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Knoblauch implements the system, but it's up to Hak to supply the personnel for the system. I say Knoblauch because he knows what we have here and how we can be better as well. He understands the people here and with that knowledge, it can help transition easier to a new system.
There's no way you could possibly know this for a fact. That's just a hopeful guess.

I hope you're right, but there's nothing to back it up, true or false....

Reactions: The Rage Kage

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
There's no way you could possibly know this for a fact. That's just a hopeful guess.

I hope you're right, but there's nothing to back it up, true or false....

I mean, do you think Lappy was the one who decided to put Lehtera on the PK as well? I don't think both Lappy decided to put him on the PK and Knob to put him on the PP. I honestly think it's up to Hak for that decision.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Giroux as player-coach.

yZ4vO_s-200x150.gif

giphy.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I like Sam Hallam for the Dr. Seuss memes:

Lehtera will not play today. He gives too many pucks away.
I do not like him on PP. He is too bloody slow, you see.
I do not like him with Giroux. I do not like him on PK2.
I do not like him with Patrick. His style of play just makes me sick.
To the press box goes this man. I will not play him, Sam Hallam.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Based on the complaints I keep seeing from CBJ fans, it doesn't seem like Torts changed that much. Last year was just incredibly fortunate and they're *****ing about the same things we ***** about.

his team cant score goals.
30th ranked PP
27th ranked PK.
14th in 5 on 5 scoring.
27th in scoring overall.

in some towns that gets the fan base wanting the entire coaching staff canned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad