Wish list to replace Hak

oldfly88

Mar 21, 2016
Lurker here, but I love the Flyers and despise Hak. Without debating whether or if he will be replaced, I wonder who would be your top choices to lead this team going forward?

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lurker here, but I love the Flyers and despise Hak. Without debating whether or if he will be replaced, I wonder who would be your top choices to lead this team going forward?

We have a thread for this already but i'm too lazy to find it so we might as well just use this one.

Kris Knoblauch is the only true candidate at the moment.

Sutter, Tippett, Ruff, Keenan are some of the experienced unemployed coaches.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
We have a thread for this already but i'm too lazy to find it so we might as well just use this one.

Kris Knoblauch is the only true candidate at the moment.

Sutter, Tippett, Ruff, Keenan are some of the experienced unemployed coaches.
If they really think Knob is the one give him a year or two more as an assistant to get the nuances of coaching at the NHL player. Hak has shown us what can happen with an inexperienced coach in the NHL and I dont want to waste another 4 years with Hakstol 2.0

oldfly88

Mar 21, 2016
Is there anyone worthwhile within the Pens system potentially? They seem to have had some decent success with their last two hires from within.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The front-runner.

bxUCyeL.png

oldfly88

Mar 21, 2016
Sam Hallam

I don't think I particularly like him as a human being given some things that have came out (though everyone makes mistakes) ... but I would bet good money on him being the best head coach not in the NHL right now. And he is 38 years old.

It is actually ridiculous how much I love pretty much everything he does.
I definitely appreciate such a strong take. What is the main reason for it? EDIT...Also a very interesting name to google! I thought maybe I was being trolled!

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I definitely appreciate such a strong take. What is the main reason for it? EDIT...Also a very interesting name to google! I thought maybe I was being trolled!

Haha, yeh, unfortunate that there is some other guy called Sam Hallam who was a victim of a massive miscarriage of justice (actually studied the case at University!)

As for Swedish coach Sam Hallam:

He has won/exceeded expectations everywhere he goes.
He plays beautiful, offensive hockey.
He is not scared to allow players with flaws to excel at their strengths (Joel Persson for example... true rover, always great in lower tiers (highest he played before this year was 3rd tier), Hallam got him this year and he gave him free reign to do what he does... right now he is 2nd highest scoring Dman in SHL. He would have been buried/scratched on a lot of SHL teams.)
He trusts youth. If you are good enough you are old enough.
He seems to be inspirational. His teams are rarely flat and often battle back in the face of tough odds.
Straight talking.

Plus the Flyers would immediately gain more female fans. Heart-throb that he is. :laugh:

The downside? Well, when he won his 1st SHL title (14-15... at age 35...) with Växjö, it was reported he had been cheating on his wife in the aftermath. Of course not a judgement on his coaching... but something I don't have much time for personally.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Haha, yeh, unfortunate that there is some other guy called Sam Hallam who was a victim of a massive miscarriage of justice (actually studied the case at University!)

As for Swedish coach Sam Hallam:

He has won/exceeded expectations everywhere he goes.
He plays beautiful, offensive hockey.
He is not scared to allow players with flaws to excel at their strengths (Joel Persson for example... true rover, always great in lower tiers (highest he played before this year was 3rd tier), Hallam got him this year and he gave him free reign to do what he does... right now he is 2nd highest scoring Dman in SHL. He would have been buried/scratched on a lot of SHL teams.)
He trusts youth. If you are good enough you are old enough.
He seems to be inspirational. His teams are rarely flat and often battle back in the face of tough odds.
Straight talking.

Plus the Flyers would immediately gain more female fans. Heart-throb that he is. :laugh:

The downside? Well, when he won his 1st SHL title (14-15... at age 35...) with Växjö, it was reported he had been cheating on his wife in the aftermath. Of course not a judgement on his coaching... but something I don't have much time for personally.

I'm sold. Make it happen, Alex.

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
sutter
groulx
had been cheering against preds but that aint happening
give kris k phantoms head job for now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad