Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part III - Ronaldout

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lol Newcastle just trying to buy Brighton at this point. Burn, then Webster, now Bissouma being linked.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Haha! It reminds me of a guy in my class. I overheard him actually complain about his parents buying him a Lexus SUV when he wanted a Mercedes SUV. He was comlaining the whole time while mentioning his parents also paid for his condo too.
Must be nice.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
spaceballs-merchandising.gif

Buying american always makes sense in football.

I never understood this line of thinking. He isn’t getting you more money on TV? So all in Kit sales?

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
If Newcastle would ever stop screwing around with the Diego Carlos transfer and actually get it done, they're definitely not going anywhere. I can't tell if the deal is dead or not but it may not even matter at this point. The bottom of the Premier League pile is so bad that Newcastle may survive on 2 or 3 more wins the rest of the year. They've already banked 9 points in draws and I don't see why they can't at least do that on a given match.

It isn't pretty but I don't see why the plan isn't going to work and they don't make bigger moves when the year is over

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Alright so it's official. I sniffed around and saw he had put in a formal transfer request and Newcastle was upping their offer several times and ran into "he's not for sale" once so often but I'm often so wary of all press during transfer windows. I'll trust you've done more official legwork than I have. That's not the end of the world for the Magpies. They've got time for other guys and basically an unlimited bank account. Despite this, I'd pass on Lingard if I'm them. Man U is being freaking ridiculous and over a guy who quite frankly isn't worth it.

All they gotta do is survive and the EPL picture is gonna be absolute chaos next year and I absolutely LOVE IT

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Even more than that sponsorship deals and friendly invitations.

I mean arsenal was already getting those invitations? Not like you see Boavista and Genk playing friendlies at Sofi stadium now? And what sponser is really going to pay that much more because of a random American? This isn’t pulisic.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Lot of rumors that Premier League teams are looking at Slonina from Chicago. Price tag is $10mil.

He is a talent but it’s a huge gamble for team and him when he is only 17. Even with a loan back to Chicago this season. Unless you are a team that’s sure he is can’t miss why spend 10 now when he probably won’t cost much more than that a year or two from now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Because at his age he cant be starting week in and week out. Its the same with Busi who would be far more effective if he didn't have to play every single minute. We cant even sub him off late in the game when the intensity rises (Busi) this leads to many goals against late. They need proper cover. I wouldnt even be opposed to Lenglet getting more minutes while Garcia is out. Either way there should be 2 CBs coming this summer IMO.

-It’d be foolish to bring in two new CBs unless they get rid of all of them except for Araujo and Pique.
-Pique can play the vast majority of the matches just fine.
-To compare Pique to Busquets is lazy and/or ignorant.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Kit sales and social media following, etc which then makes you more appealing to sponsors.

There is no way any of that is anyway close to 32 mil! Shit it probably isn’t worth $1 mil! Like Arsenal’s “followers” don’t even move if this signing goes through.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

WAY too much smoke around Traore for me, though admittedly simply being linked with him is way too much for me. Anyway, WHY THE **** would you get rid of Trincao for him much less include him in any sort of deal? Wolves have a clause to buy Trincao and you probably just sent them a message they can pay less for him now. That’s not to mention no players in particular we could put Trincao cash towards if he’s not in your plans.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Interesting point about the payment terms. It was reported on the radio over here that Newcastle have been offering entire transfer fees as a lump sum (typically payments are spread out over the course of the contract) to try and get clubs to accept their bids. Sounds like Lyon have got wind of this and want that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad