Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II - BarSALEona

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I figured Newcastle was the more likely of the two if either and that we’re at Arsenal it would be simply alone move where they pay maybe half his salary with no obligation to buy. I just found it curious that it was coming from Coutinho‘s people.

Straight swap for Coutinho would probably work.
I don't really see the upside for Arsenal there. Take on pretty substantial wages for a player that almost certainly won't play (much) this year or in the future.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have seen close to zero rumours about Coutinho to the Arsenal. It's not happening and I suspect that if Arsenal buys anybody, it will be younger players with an occasional veteran being thrown in.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't really see the upside for Arsenal there. Take on pretty substantial wages for a player that almost certainly won't play (much) this year or in the future.

Well quite frankly I don’t think anyone should sign him, but I figured he’d maybe add some depth.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He hasnt played since 2020 since he let it be known to LA that he wanted to move to Europe so they never played him at LA Galaxy II.

I don’t think he was at LA Galaxy II last season. If he was and he was banished down the pecking order, wouldn’t he make the bench at least once or twice when they have injuries?

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Is it though? Maybe with Pepe, but for the most part Arsenal hasn't signed many unneeded attackers recently.

Pepe wasn’t exactly unneeded when signed either. He was wanted by possibly every club out there. It just hasn’t plained out as expected.

Coutinho has been on the radar for a couple of years but since our youngsters are ballers now we don’t need him anymore. Would be very stupid even as depth.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Di Marzio reports that Spurs will be busy this transfer window. Mentioned Kulusevski.

Makes sense... They would have given Conte some assurance that he would be able to spend.

Have there been any reported budget figures?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Schalke's Mehmet Aydin; an exciting 19yo german wingback; is reportedly being tracked by Anderlecht, Brentford, Betis, Lille, & Marseille. With Sport1 claiming that he will decide by the end of the month...not sure if that means he'll move this month or decide where he'll move in the summer; as he's out of contract after the season.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don’t think he was at LA Galaxy II last season. If he was and he was banished down the pecking order, wouldn’t he make the bench at least once or twice when they have injuries?

Don't know what the story is with him, but yeah he didn't play at all. Never really saw much of him, but this dude is a wizard at free kicks. Scored like 6 direct free kicks in his time with Los Dos. I don't know what it is with the Galaxy, but we've let so many good promising players leave for Europe for free. Mendez, Llanez, Kobe Hernandez and now Cuevas.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't know what the story is with him, but yeah he didn't play at all. Never really saw much of him, but this dude is a wizard at free kicks. Scored like 6 direct free kicks in his time with Los Dos. I don't know what it is with the Galaxy, but we've let so many good promising players leave for Europe for free. Mendez, Llanez, Kobe Hernandez and now Cuevas.

They probably see that the ones that are there don't really play. That started changing a little last year with Vanney, but it's going to require a lot more than a few guys getting some back up minutes. If they develop a few of those kids and then sell them on, the kids that are currently in their academy will see that, and want to sign. The other big factor with those kids you mentioned is the agent. Anyone who follows American soccer knows Gary Kleiban and what he's all about. The players he reps playing in MLS is a contradiction.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gerrard’s former team mate. Still think Coutinho should go to Brazil though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad