Winter storage plans

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yesterday I got the Shelby ready for winter. Oil change, fresh detail, put stabil in the tank and topped it off, then when I got her back home, put the cover on. :(

Meanwhile, my Chevelle sits in a dusty garage with the steering column and wheel hanging on by a thread. Center console torn apart. Half tank of gas. Needs to be washed.

Can't tuck her in until the turn signal switch gets replaced. Luckily, I'm rarely home these days so I only see the car once a week at most. It tears me up to see it in such condition.

Reactions: TaLoN

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
sometimes i'm glad i don't have a "good-weather" car. I'd spend too much time during the winter paranoid about not having done something right. I mean i pay someone to store my summer tires for me because my garage isn't heated. I'd totally forget something and end up with f***ed up gaskets or something.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
sometimes i'm glad i don't have a "good-weather" car. I'd spend too much time during the winter paranoid about not having done something right. I mean i pay someone to store my summer tires for me because my garage isn't heated. I'd totally forget something and end up with f***ed up gaskets or something.
I warm my car up monthly in the winter - keeps the battery charged, keeps all the seals lubed. Making sure I get a full heat cycle through the engine to prevent condensation, and give it some hard revs before shutting it down to blow the moisture out of the tail pipes.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Winter storage plan now includes parking the car on the street until the parking lot in the basement of my building stops being flooded.

Not really liking the way the weather has turned in these parts. Summer is now: the sun is a deadly laser that sets the entire province on fire, and that's followed by biblical flooding due to the rain WHICH HAS NOT STOPPED IN TWO f***ING MONTHS.

Any climate change deniers coming near me better be wearing helmets and armor.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Winter storage plan now includes parking the car on the street until the parking lot in the basement of my building stops being flooded.

Not really liking the way the weather has turned in these parts. Summer is now: the sun is a deadly laser that sets the entire province on fire, and that's followed by biblical flooding due to the rain WHICH HAS NOT STOPPED IN TWO f***ING MONTHS.

Any climate change deniers coming near me better be wearing helmets and armor.
Time to pay for storage space then? :(

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Time to pay for storage space then? :(

Nah, been pumped out now. But get this: the idiot slumlords who manage the building got the water out...but they didn't unplug the storm grates in the parking lot. Yeah. Rains like that again, the whole basement, car park, storage lockers and elevator shaft will all flood again. f***ing cheap assholes.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad