OT: Winter Olympics Part II

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Ericsson is so bad, why would he try that at the offensive blue line? He's a DFD. I want to hear what he was thinking there, lol.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Swedes have the first half of the third to cut the lead to 2-1...I don't see a miracle comeback if they're playing from 2-0 down late.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That was 3/4 time swedish Dmen took a chance and they paid for it. Bad play by Ericsson and very unnecessary.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ericsson is so bad, why would he try that at the offensive blue line? He's a DFD. I want to hear what he was thinking there, lol.

Got caught twice that period really trying to manufacture zone time that wasn't there to be had. Think a part of that is frustration, I know Canada is sending in the forecheckers at times but they are playing a pretty aggressive trap in the neutral zone. The frustration is showing as Sweden hasn't figured it out and now they are forcing plays. He didn't play well in that period, but a part of that is the pressure mounting.

Also I am a little surprised each time that they show it at the effort made by Eriksson after he got the big push from Kronwall that helped his angle on Crosby he just meekly tries to get in some stick work on a guy known to have one of strongest sticks in the world, you have to try for body contact there in my opinion. Though admittedly those kind of plays do play out significantly different when it is you on ice, sometimes that part is harder to break down as someone watching why he took that route and tactic.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Having NHL refs for the finals is a big deal in Canada's favor. A lot of their net-front play really actually should be blown dead at the IIHF if they followed the rules.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Having NHL refs for the finals is a big deal in Canada's favor. A lot of their net-front play really actually should be blown dead at the IIHF if they followed the rules.

all but one of the swedes play in the nhl with same refs, they know how to play unless they choose to play differently canada has no advantage

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
all but one of the swedes play in the nhl with same refs, they know how to play unless they choose to play differently canada has no advantage

Has nothing to do with the team makeup, the point was, you cannot crash the crease the same way in international hockey that has always been a problem for Canada. They are really allowing more of that then they typically allow and that in my opinion is because that is standard in the NHL.

I know all but one player and that would be Jimmie Ericsson (who has turned down NHL offers) are NHL players, not really the point I was getting at.

iwtb*

Can the boys come home now? I miss Red Wing hockey.

What a disappointing Olympics for me.

Really boring Olympics I agree. That big rink they use in Europe is ****ing cancer for good hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00