Winter Classic Travel & Accomodations

mt99808

Oct 21, 2010
I'm not going to the Winter Classic but here is a heads up for those driving down. When you get off the 401 in Windsor there is a lot of construction going on in the area around there. I saw it this past August when I drove to Orlando, Florida and my entry point to the United States was the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, so I first went through Windsor.

This construction isn't a traffic issue. At least not yet. If you want to avoid it anyways get off at Dougall (1 exit prior), take Dougall to EC Row Expressway West and get off on Huron Church going North will bring you to the bridge. You can also take Dougall into downtown and take the tunnel but customs is usually faster at the bridge and easier access to highways at the bridge.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
So apparently a whole bunch of emails went out today giving people access to buy more Winter Classic tickets.

So it appears as though there are still tickets left available.

I think this will be a rather unique situation - big event, massive interest, but I also think that those wishing to go who don't currently have tickets, should be able to pick up tickets at relatively decent prices closer to the event, as I know there will be people who back out due to travel, etc.

My advice for those that are hell-bent on going but don't have tickets, is to assume that tickets will become available and at the very least sort out some accomodation for youself. Some people are saying today that most of the hotels are already fully booked which doesn't surprise me.

82SeriesWatcher

Aug 5, 2011
So apparently a whole bunch of emails went out today giving people access to buy more Winter Classic tickets.

So it appears as though there are still tickets left available.

I think this will be a rather unique situation - big event, massive interest, but I also think that those wishing to go who don't currently have tickets, should be able to pick up tickets at relatively decent prices closer to the event, as I know there will be people who back out due to travel, etc.

My advice for those that are hell-bent on going but don't have tickets, is to assume that tickets will become available and at the very least sort out some accomodation for youself. Some people are saying today that most of the hotels are already fully booked which doesn't surprise me.

as fun as it is going to be, not being in a city with any reasonable accomodation is going to result in exactly what you see is going to happen. pain to get to, not able to drink because you have to drive there and back etc.

as to sneaking booze in, not sure how strict they are about booze....i recall normal UM games are no booze even in the stands so not sure how they are going to sell beers at teh game anyway...

anyone know if big house is typically a dry house for game?

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
as fun as it is going to be, not being in a city with any reasonable accomodation is going to result in exactly what you see is going to happen. pain to get to, not able to drink because you have to drive there and back etc.

as to sneaking booze in, not sure how strict they are about booze....i recall normal UM games are no booze even in the stands so not sure how they are going to sell beers at teh game anyway...

I believe it is, but they have approved the sale of liquor for the Winter Classic.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

There will be alcohol served at the venue.

And yes - that's why I feel that there will be many tickets available nearer to the event, as many people will back out and look to offload their tickets without making a huge buck off of it.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Wow thats actually a smart move. Didn't know you can cancel, thought all bookings were final.

Im going with 3 buddies and started looking for hotels today,but sadly many seem to be booked...

Yeah they're filling up fast. I think what a lot of the hotels are doing is reserving a bunch of rooms and then closer to the date, releasing them at a considerable mark-up. Pretty greasy.
My buddies and I are staying a a HoJo in Ann Arbor. Look for the really drunk guys from Toronto. lol

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Is anyone going for the AHL game as well? I have 4 tickets available at face value if anyone is interested.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I'm going with my parents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. We'll be driving. I don't know exactly what date we're going because part of it depends on my parents jobs. Probably on the 30th or early on the 31st. We're seeing the alumni game too and I'm pretty sure that's the 31st. We are staying at the Renaissance Centre, which I think is actually in Detroit but we have a package of some sort so get a transfer to Ann Arbor.

So excited! We were supposed to go last year and I was so upset it was cancelled. #lookoutblues

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Will tickets be difficult to find? Does anybody know where to start? Looking for 4 tickets, I don't really care where, as long as there together.

Seeing on the maple leafs site they're 295$ minimum.. WOW..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad