Winter Classic '15? (NHL schedule expected to be released at 4:00 p.m. ET Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Honestly though, do most hardcore fans care about Carolina/Columbus either??? I sure don't. At the very least the team should have some serious big name star, neither of those teams do... good players but not household names or huge franchise players.

My meaning was poorly conveyed there. I was using hardcore as in hardcore Carolina/Columbus fans. The NHL is going to have marquee teams play in the Winter Classic because casual fans will watch those teams, instead of having a matchup like Carolina/Columbus where only their respective hardcore fans would be interested.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Not only for the rivalry aspect, but logistically it's pretty stupid. I'm sure Hawks fans travel, but would you really want to fly to DC, spend New Years there to watch them play the Capitals?

It would be like Nashville hosting the Flyers for the WC. What's the ****ing point?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The whole thing is played out anyway. I honestly couldn't care less if the Flyers never played in one again.

Bettman & Co. ran the whole idea into the ground over the years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The calendar is late this year, but there is no Olympics. That's probably the last weekend of the season. Most assuredly the last home game, I can only think of one other time the Flyers played back to back at home, although it was the last two games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad