Winnipeg's utter domination against the Kings

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Thinking OP was drunk when he posted,. Or maybe he is upset the Flames might move, or maybe he is upset they don't have a first round pick in what looks like a team that made the lottery.
Any number of reasons he is so bitter.

By the way said it before and will say it again, Kings are masters repairing goalies. Campbell was destroyed in the Dallas system, Kings got him for a bag of pucks an rebuilt him. He is now becoming what people thought he could become. Good for him for sticking it ou.

Oh and the Jets are a very good team, and I hope Laine is okay, if there is 1 team and there is only 1 team I would be okay with bringing the cup back to Canada, its the Jets.

Last edited:
Reactions: libertarian

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Watched the game and was impressed by Campbell. For high draft pick, why did it take so long for him to play in the NHL?

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Watching the Kings trying to get the puck out of their own zone and over center ice at the end of the 3rd was quite the epic struggle.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
It reminds me of when the Sharks allowed 0 HDCF at 5v5 against the Blues

Two Stanley Cup contenders feasting on two fringe bubble teams that will get ****ing wrecked in the first round if they even make it

Nice work Winnipeg, wish you guys could've beat them in regulation but at least you won
Our Cheat Code blocked a shot, wasn't available.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Jets are the better team for sure, but the Kings also looked completely out of gas. This was their 3rd game in 4 nights and 8 in 13 days.

Yea I was at the game and the Kings looked gassed by mid second period. Last time they were in town they looked like a completely different team. I don’t think last night was a true indication of who they are.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Carter rarely misses starring at an empty net. Toffoli was inches away from a goal in OT.

Gutsy performance by LA. Campbell stole a point.

Winnipeg has some good young players. Interesting to see what they’ll do in the playoffs.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
The video of Kopitar chugging pepto is very telling of how fatigued the team was. Or maybe he just had food poisoning and is trying not to shit in his gear.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Watched the game and was impressed by Campbell. For high draft pick, why did it take so long for him to play in the NHL?

Too high expectations and bad development in the Dallas system. Once he came to the Kings, their jedi masters went to work and corrected the problems. He was great in the AHL last season and it has paid off. The Kings goalie system is as good as there is .

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The video of Kopitar chugging pepto is very telling of how fatigued the team was. Or maybe he just had food poisoning and is trying not to **** in his gear.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 9.05.27 PM.png

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If anything, if I'm Winnipeg I'm a bit alarmed at this result. A three-legged dog in LA can keep pace with your Winnipeg race horse of a team for the full 60 minutes and nearly sinks you in regulation. What happens when both teams are 100%? I know Laine got hurt mid game but the whole Kings team was beat and was using their backup.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I hope it wasn't a Winnipeger who started this topic because:
a) No one likes a braggart
b) Bad karma
c) LA came off an OT game the night before
d) LA could have easily won in OT

I'd like to apologize to the LA forum members if this was the case.

I think it's safe to say that we (Kings fans) know. Winnipeg fans aren't overextending all of the time on these boards like some other fan bases.

Nov 24, 2006
If anything, if I'm Winnipeg I'm a bit alarmed at this result. A three-legged dog in LA can keep pace with your Winnipeg race horse of a team for the full 60 minutes and nearly sinks you in regulation. What happens when both teams are 100%? I know Laine got hurt mid game but the whole Kings team was beat and was using their backup.

I’m not alarmed, or surprised to be honest. On any given night in the NHL, any team can beat another.

LA is a good team, their record speaks for itself. Their goalie was excellent and they blocked a ton of shots. Carter missed an open net, Tofolli hit the post. Easily could have been a Kings win.

Reactions: Rorschach

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Kings were on second half of a back to back where they went to OT. They were hurting and we took advantage if it

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Close this tread already. I really dislike a Flames fan using a game between the Jets and Kings which the Kings were able to get a point on a back to back in 2nd OT games to bad mouth the Kings for the crime of beating the Flames out of a PO spot. Close this tread!

Last edited:

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Before people mention Quick's injury as unlucky. Quick's style of play actually tells us that him not getting injured more often is a sign of good luck. Not saying I wish injury on Quick, but all I'm saying is his style of play is not going to help him long term, and if he wants a longer career my suggestion is he change his style of play so that it benefits himself and his team more.
Felix Potvin of modern days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad