Winnipeg's utter domination against the Kings

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Kings looked pretty gassed. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions based on that performance.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
Kings were gassed, but game couldve easily been a blowout. Their goalie made a couple of really good saves and kept them in the game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings looked pretty gassed. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions based on that performance.

They looked gassed before the PKs, and Kopitar chugging pepto on the bench was a good sign :laugh: guys have been getting flushed in and out of the lineup randomly, i.e. Clifford and Andreoff in the lineup at the second time? And maybe we're seeing why. Make no mistake, WPG amplified it by being awesome and skating us into the ground, but that's about the only game this year I remember the Kings basically saying "f*** it we're playing defense, hold on to your butts" and then tripping over themselves before getting the puck to the red line because they were suprised to find a black disc on their sticks.

Probably the perfect storm for the Kings' bad performance really. But the Jets are also just that good.

Nov 24, 2006
Utter Dominance is a 7-0 win not a 2-1 gimmick OT win.

Not really.

The Jets dominated territorial play and possession for good portions of the game.

Kings are a good team though, blocked a ton of shots, and their goalie played lights out.

Game play can be lopsided and one team can still come away with a marginal victory. It happens.

Last edited:

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Was at the game. It was a weird one because for large chunks, we were hemmed in our own zone. We kept control of the puck but just could not get it out. I felt like we were in for a rough night. Then I saw they only had 4 shots midway through the first. We certainly had more scoring chances. We certainly did not dominate that game though.

One area I fee we did dominate was physicality. We were laying guys out the whole game.

Also.....they had Jack Campbell in net. Only putting 2 past him is not good enough in my opinion.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Being in a playoff spot alone is not an indication of a good team. Kings have been far luckier than Dallas, Calgary, Minnesota, and San Jose just to name a few of the teams competing with them this season.
How have they been luckier? They've missed their 2nd best forward for over 3/4ths of the season. Were they handed free points? Are you pointing out that the Kings are lucky that Quick is lucky to not be unlucky because he can do the splits and not tear his groin after 2 injuries?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Salty Flames fan noted ;)

As Jets fan I think the Jets control play the whole game but, but it wasn’t nearly as one sided as the OP suggests. The Jets had to grind because the Kings were not giving up much. Even the close in shots were not really great chances because defensive coverage was always right there.

I’d be happy with this performance from the Jets on any given night but given the circumstances it was a good game plan and got the Kings a point

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I'm sure the condensed game highlights could have been biased but Toffoli did have some good chances as well, that had luck gone Kings way, brought them a win. (pass to Carter, shot off the crossbar).

I didn't see the game but I dont doubt it, HDSCs are pretty questionable in their classification.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The really fun thing is going to be after being this tired...flying to a mile high city to play what would hopefully be a great game but I suspect will just be the Kings puking in their own laps on the bench...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg is good - other than Nashville best team in West

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Not really.

The Jets dominated territorial play and possession for good portions of the game.

Kings are a good team though, blocked a ton of shots, and their goalie played lights out.

Game play can be lopsided and one team can still come away with a marginal victory. It happens.

yupp. that's hockey for you
that's also why they play 7 game series in the playoffs

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
yeah I didn't feel wpg "dominated" the game. I mean Carter's missed shot would of changed everything. At least to me dominating a games doesn't hinge on one missed shot. Loved Kopitar chugging the PB on the bench... even tho the jets are my jam, you gotta respect the kings and their players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad