Pre-Game Talk: @ Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think we're going to get wrecked.

As usual we will only have a couple of players that bother to show up and the Jets will be pissed about the way we embarrassed them at the HC.

Good news is my predictions are always wrong

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
These next 5 games, Nuge & Eberle need to wake up and we need just a tad better consistency from Adam/Oscar. LETS GO OIL

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Nurse and Benning are a tire fire.

They're good for 1 holy **** wtf are they doing goals against a game between the two of them each game.

Didn't help Larsson (Don't bother covering Austin Mathews to the net), Russel(let's both me and klefbom check this guy, leave the front of the net uncovered.. and still lose the ****ing puck!) contributed some moronic play too.

It's musical Defensemen **** the bed moments for this team. Stay tuned tonight.

I'm guessing a good ole Sekera slapper into Laine's pads resulting in a Laine break away for a goal tonight. You know.. one of those I've been told to shoot so close your eyes and pray shots.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

They're good for 1 holy **** wtf are they doing goals against a game between the two of them each game.

Didn't help Larsson (Don't bother covering Austin Mathews to the net), Russel(let's both me and klefbom check this guy, leave the front of the net uncovered.. and still lose the ****ing puck!) contributed some moronic play too.

I'm guessing a good ole Sekera slapper into Laine's pads resulting in a Laine break away for a goal tonight. You know.. one of those I've been told to shoot so close your eyes and pray shots.
Benning tire fire? :laugh:

He and Sekera have been excelling in bottom pair imo
Nurse could be a little better but he's getting PK mins and more mins in general.
Klef/Lars need to get a little better.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
In full pessimist mode. Last 3 games were a bad joke. That team that played those three games will never be a playoff team.

Oilers are in a big tail spin to the bottom of the standings and our coaching staff is proving inept at correcting the course.

Hope for the best but expecting the worst. This game will be a blow out. 7 to 2 for the Jets. McDavid with 2 points.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
This Benning being a bad player narrative being fabricated by people around here needs to be nipped in the bud. The stats don't lie.

It's disingenuous and lazy to keep saying the same **** over and over again when the numbers don't back it up.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This Benning being a bad player narrative being fabricated by people around here needs to be nipped in the bud. The stats don't lie.

It's disingenuous and lazy to keep saying the same **** over and over again when the numbers don't back it up.
Thank you.
I've been a fan a Benning since game 1.
I've said this before but I'd rather have Benning/Nurse make mistakes and learn/develop from them rather than have Fayne/Gryba make mistakes.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Here's the practice raw from TMac. Some notes:

Speaking about standings and the too early talk about it" If I was a fan I'd base my analysis on performance, and I wouldn't be pleased with our performance over the last few games".

- there wa something about Drai being one of the best performers....because I didn't hear the question clearly, I'm assuming he's talking about Drai on McD's line. "I think he has an opportunity to connect with those 2 right now...."...so don't be surprised if that happens.

- Touches on Nuge and his play and lack of performance re: points

- Talking about practice, drills etc. "They come out of the meeting and do not pay attention to the details because they're feeling sorry for themselves". (paeraphrased). I'm thinking Eberle is one of those players.

Good interview that might answer a few questions and create more.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
If they lose this game, someone needs to be fired. Just saying. Just in general: a loss to the Jets = someone getting fired

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I don't understand the Benning hate, I was at the Arizona game on Sunday and he really stood out to me.

To be fair it shouldn't be hard. Shut down your man, throw a few hits, and don't turn over the puck to a wide open guy in front of your own net and you're pretty much a superstar on our current team.

Lose 3-2 tonight, giving up a goal in the first and last 3 minutes of the game.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

Russell had the player pinned, Klef wasnt sure what to do so he thought he would go over and help him lol.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Crucial game for both teams. Jets at home and looking for revenge for the open air loss. 3-2 Jets in OT.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Todd gives the best pre and post game interviews, better than any other NHL coach that I've seen.b Honest and insightful. I really like that about him.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Benning tire fire? :laugh:

He and Sekera have been excelling in bottom pair imo
Nurse could be a little better but he's getting PK mins and more mins in general.
Klef/Lars need to get a little better.

Klef/Larsson went on a bad run where damn near every mistake they made turned into a GA. Hopefully they get a bit more luck and their numbers improve over the season. And for sure they need to be better in general too.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Here's the practice raw from TMac. Some notes:

Speaking about standings and the too early talk about it" If I was a fan I'd base my analysis on performance, and I wouldn't be pleased with our performance over the last few games".

- there wa something about Drai being one of the best performers....because I didn't hear the question clearly, I'm assuming he's talking about Drai on McD's line. "I think he has an opportunity to connect with those 2 right now...."...so don't be surprised if that happens.

- Touches on Nuge and his play and lack of performance re: points

- Talking about practice, drills etc. "They come out of the meeting and do not pay attention to the details because they're feeling sorry for themselves". (paeraphrased). I'm thinking Eberle is one of those players.

Good interview that might answer a few questions and create more.

There was a quip about if you aren't scoring, at least pay attention defensively IIRC. I wonder who that was referring to...:sarcasm:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Hit the bodies. It was embarrassing being pushed around by Kadri and the Leafs. Our muscle needs to return to early season form. Larsson needs to lack out Ehlers. Let's see Looch take on Buff. Nurse is looking timid lately, I think a fight would do him and the team some good. Maroon and Kass need to do their thing. This team is engaged and active when they play physical, and the goals follow.

Sep 26, 2016
It's always funny reading opposing GDTs when they say "We can't into penalty trouble against those guys!" :laugh: If only they knew…

I think the good Oilers show up tonight and we win.

I'm leaning that way too. Winnipeg has won 5 in a row at home, they are due for a loss. It feels like an overtime win to me but I thought the Oilers would stomp the laffs so what do I know.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Defense isn't our problem. I'm happy with the play of everyone in our top-6. Our offense has been just abysmal outside of McDavid, though.

doesn't matter how the defense plays overall if they make boneheaded plays that cost the team goals. the Toronto game being a prime example.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Im scared to make a prediction now. I started to believe this team has really changed and predicted a bounce back and the score i predicted was completely reversed. I dont know what to think or how to feel any more

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
There was a quip about if you aren't scoring, at least pay attention defensively IIRC. I wonder who that was referring to...:sarcasm:

No doubt who he was reffering to. You'de have to be blind not to see that. We'll see how both he who shall not be named :sarcasm::sarcasm: and Nuge react to this. Sounds like the coaches laid into a few of them there. Well deserved as well. Have to see better from them at this point in the season. This'll be game 25. More than enough time for people to get there **** together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad