Winnipeg WCF games aren't selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
100 empty seats is a big deal for a small market in canada in round 3.

True North is making a killing off of the beer sales at the street party.
Many of the tickets for sale are just STH's trying to make a buck.
They still paid for them.
Most of the actually released tickets were singles and again they are jacking up the prices on those tickets.

The team is doing very well financially this year with all of this playoff revenue.
Good chance that they have a steady stream of extra games for several years.

All you chicken little / sky is falling trolls can pound sand.

Have a nice day.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'm sure the majority of jets fans realized that trolls from the 27 losing teams would jump on the anti jet bandwagon out of jealousy

It's more a commentary that with attention and interest, you are going to get non stories, fake stories and click bait articles and links because as more people become interested in winnipeg's team...there needs to be something to talk about, even when there is nothing to talk about. And sometimes that's going to be a good stories, but honestly more interest comes from bad stories. (just the way people work, kind of like why news only tells you bad stuff and not good stuff that's happened in the world)

It's not a jealously thing...lol...it's just a reality of popularity.

If I the journalist know that you have a large audience just dying to read anything Jet's related...well I'm gonna fabricate or stretch truths or do whatever I can to capture their interest and click on my link. I'm gonna make a story out of a non story, I'm gonna read more into the smallest of details...I'm gonna dig up whatever dirt or drama or anecdote I can to get my clicks to pay my bills.

That's the point.

I have a feeling non of this sunk in...but lol...at least I tried.

This article is detailing a truth that some seats were not sold out. Kind of sad considering the arena only seats 15000 people as others have said. There should absolutely be a waiting list and all seats should be instantly snatched up within moments of release.

That's if we want to pretend that the Jets are on par with other large market clubs like Toronto. (we both know they are not but w/e)

That being said, this is mostly a non story for the time being. If this becomes systemic then you have a problem. Right now? Not enough to be a problem. But just enough to make a click bait article some money.

Ya get it now?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's more a commentary that with attention and interest, you are going to get non stories, fake stories and click bait articles and links because as more people become interested in winnipeg's team...there needs to be something to talk about, even when there is nothing to talk about. And sometimes that's going to be a good stories, but honestly more interest comes from bad stories. (just the way people work, kind of like why news only tells you bad stuff and not good stuff that's happened in the world)

It's not a jealously thing...lol...it's just a reality of popularity.

If I the journalist know that you have a large audience just dying to read anything Jet's related...well I'm gonna fabricate or stretch truths or do whatever I can to capture their interest and click on my link. I'm gonna make a story out of a non story, I'm gonna read more into the smallest of details...I'm gonna dig up whatever dirt or drama or anecdote I can to get my clicks to pay my bills.

That's the point.

I have a feeling non of this sunk in...but lol...at least I tried.

This article is detailing a truth that some seats were not sold out. Kind of sad considering the arena only seats 15000 people as others have said. There should absolutely be a waiting list and all seats should be instantly snatched up within moments of release.

That's if we want to pretend that the Jets are on par with other large market clubs like Toronto. (we both know they are not but w/e)

That being said, this is mostly a non story for the time being. If this becomes systemic then you have a problem. Right now? Not enough to be a problem. But just enough to make a click bait article some money.

Ya get it now?

This. So many miss the point that with all the attention big market teams get, most of it is negative.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Here's the Capitals Game 4 seats available (TM runs the Caps official resales so they appear on the map in red):
View attachment 121245

Here's the Jets Game 5:
View attachment 121247

Both teams will release unused seats they day of the game, but I don't think Winnipeg has a huge problem here. There's the one block of about 8 seats together and 4 pairs and the rest are singles. I just counted the 300s seats for sale on TicketExchange and there are about 4 or 5 per section on average.
Posted for some context.

SpaghettiMonster

May 12, 2018
Except you are being treated the same as any other organization in this situation (Please see Sens fans from 1 year ago). That ain't trolling.

How can u compare Ottawa to Winnipeg? Winnipeg has a waiting list of thousands for season tickets and there was less than 1 percent empty seats for a semi final against an expansion team. Didnt Ottawa have over a thousand unsold seats for the SCF? That would never happen in Winnipeg

Reactions: 204hockey

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Most of the actually released tickets were singles and again they are jacking up the prices on those tickets.

The team is doing very well financially this year with all of this playoff revenue.

Have a nice day.
Kind of shows you guys are not use to the attention by thinking this is some big trolling job.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Here's the Capitals Game 4 seats available (TM runs the Caps official resales so they appear on the map in red):
View attachment 121245

Here's the Jets Game 5:
View attachment 121247

Both teams will release unused seats they day of the game, but I don't think Winnipeg has a huge problem here. There's the one block of about 8 seats together and 4 pairs and the rest are singles. I just counted the 300s seats for sale on TicketExchange and there are about 4 or 5 per section on average.

I can only assume that this means that the Capitals will fold and move to Seattle next year.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
How can u compare Ottawa to Winnipeg? Winnipeg has a waiting list of thousands for season tickets and there was less than 1 percent empty seats for a semi final against an expansion team. Didnt Ottawa have over a thousand unsold seats for the SCF? That would never happen in Winnipeg

Ottawa had about 300 unsold seats for one game in the second round, in a stadium that seats 3500 more people.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Because these stories occurred 1 year ago in the 3rd round in Ottawa? And it was a big bigger story there than it is in Winnipeg.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Yeah I don't get where the Ottawa comparison comes in. There were blocks of tickets available was there not?

Brennan: Is Eugene Melnyk to blame for unsold playoff tickets?

"Attendance, which was an issue all season, drew NHL-wide attention when there were almost 2,000 unsold tickets for the first game of the second round. And when almost that many remained available for Tuesday’s Game 6, alarm bells rang loudly again."

So compare 2000 against

View attachment 121247

Edit: I should add that the Senators will be fine and this is not to suggest that they are in any trouble.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I would love to go, however the tickets that are usually available are $600+ each (and that's before the insane fees tacked on). I can't afford $1200 to go to one hockey game multiple times a week.

Last edited:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Ottawa and Winnipeg are VERY comparable given the stories were bigger about the Sens a year ago in the same round and their arena is much larger.
LOL at Winnipeg fans claiming people are "Trolls" for bringing this up. You just don't want to hear anything negative. I don't see where you are some elite level above the criticism Sens fans got.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Ottawa and Winnipeg are VERY comparable given the stories were bigger about the Sens a year ago in the same round and their arena is much larger.
LOL at Winnipeg fans claiming people are "Trolls" for bringing this up. You just don't want to hear anything negative. I don't see where you are some elite level above the criticism Sens fans got.

2000 unsold tickets

vrs

View attachment 121247

Can YOU spot the difference?

I only see around 60 dots there......but I could be wrong.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
FYI, he retweeted this

upload_2018-5-16_9-17-32.png

Reactions: LiasAndersson

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I would love to go, however the tickets that are usually available are $600+ each (and that's before the insane fees tacked on). I can't afford $1200 to go to one hockey game multiple times a week.

Welcome to the NHL kid!

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Have a nice day.

great, now i have sand in my peewee. thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad