Winnipeg WCF games aren't selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
If it's true it's not surprising. I had an opportunity to buy 3 second round tickets for just over a thousand dollars. No thanks. I love the Jets, but I don't have 1200 kicking around for a single night out. For those that don't understand variable cost of living, think of that as 2000+ in Toronto or Vancouver. That's probably underestimating it by a decent amount too, plus there's a much smaller market of people to sell to on top of that. It is what it is. The Jets are profitable and safe from moving, so who gives a shit beyond that.

Reactions: Flair Hay

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Wow, and people think Vegas doesn't deserve to be in the Conference Final. What happened to the long suffering Jets fans? They can't be found to buy tickets to the game...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m sorry, but who the f*** can afford to spend over $300 a ticket for one night out?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I’m sorry, but who the **** can afford to spend over $300 a ticket for one night out?
These playoffs have already cost me almost $4000, but I've got some of that back from the games I couldn't go to. And the fun part was, I also had a trip to pay off where the final payment was a week ago. It's been a crazy expensive month!

Reactions: tntkid

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
lol 120 single seat tickets released on game day vs sections and rows from ottawa ? cmon now give your head a shake both scenarios are totaly differant.
You're right. 18500 capacity vs 15000 capacity. A city that for the most part that supports the home team vs a city that fights for fans between 2 of the biggest NHL franchise in history.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm sure they'd sell out if the tickets cost $50 per seat.

It's like back in 2012 when Finland hosted the world championships and even Finland's games didn't sell out. It wasn't because "Finland doesn't like hockey", it was because of the ridiculous robbery prices.

Reactions: 204hockey

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
If it were my business I would look at maximizing profits.

If I had the choice between selling one ticket for $10Million or 10,000 tickets at $100 each, I would sell 1 ticket and have the team play in an empty barn.

How much cheaper would the Jets have to have made all tickets just to sell the last 100?

That being said, usually the jets send out an email to their fanbase saying they have "limited tickets available" but I got nothing for this game, so I assumed there were no tickets.

Right now there is a set of 3 tickets available and 2 pairs for Sunday's game, so I'm not too worried.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-075646_NHL.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-075646_NHL.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 4

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The other irony here that Jet's fans need to warm up to is publicity.

You were complaining about not getting enough attention, well here you are...getting attention.

Oh...lol. You thought it was only gonna be good attention???

Oh silly you!

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If Ottawa got destroyed forthat reason last year Winnipeg should be not immune.
Ottawa got bashed because there were a lot more tickets and they were noticeable.

There was hardly any open seats at any of the Jets games, and what were available, were almost all singles. Many of them also would have been technically sold as they came from visiting team holds.

This is a complete non-issue.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I’m sorry, but who the **** can afford to spend over $300 a ticket for one night out?
That's what it costs in Canada. What are you going to do? Try being a Leaf fan.
That's why people complain about the "Atmosphere" at the ACC. The real fans are in Leaf square.

SpaghettiMonster

May 12, 2018

You were complaining about not getting enough attention, well here you are...getting attention.

Oh silly you!

I'm sure the majority of jets fans realized that trolls from the 27 losing teams would jump on the anti jet bandwagon out of jealousy

Reactions: 204hockey

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I'm sure the majority of jets fans realized that trolls from the 27 losing teams would jump on the anti jet bandwagon out of jealousy
Except you are being treated the same as any other organization in this situation (Please see Sens fans from 1 year ago). That ain't trolling.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Ottawa got bashed because there were a lot more tickets and they were noticeable.

There was hardly any open seats at any of the Jets games, and what were available, were almost all singles. Many of them also would have been technically sold as they came from visiting team holds.

This is a complete non-issue.
Winnipeg also has a smaller building.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Technically it was a sellout. The empty seats are probably the result of blocks of tickets being held for sponsors/vendors/etc. and third-party websites buying large amounts of tickets and marking the prices up to crazy levels. That happens everywhere come playoff time.

I agree, it's probably "technically" a sellout but who really cares about that. The real issue should be why fans aren't clamoring for those seats that are included in blocks of sponsor/vendor allocated tickets? You don't usually see blocks of unused seats at any stage of playoffs --let alone the conference finals -- regardless of who has technically "bought" them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Oh silly you!
That's the thing. People often miss how much negative attention the Leafs get. Like Babcock's trip to speak to Matthews. Or they hire a great young GM candidate BUT Hunter will leave and they are screwed!

Jets fans deserve crap if it's not sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad