Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg @ Toronto 7:00 HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jets are going to come in an angry desperate team so Leafs are going to have their hands full tonight.

The last time we played the Jets the coach was fired based on the team's performance and created the 2-15-2 record thereafter.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Moves like that actually makes me think the unthinkable that the coaches are trying to lose.

I don't think its about trying to lose but it does send a message that you may not want..

A young player comes up and scores a goal an puts in a good effort and his contribution isn't rewarded but he is being scratched instead. Wouldn't a better message to be scratch someone else that didn't show up?

If the message is about accountability then this decision seems to contradict that.

mikebel111*

Go Winnipeg!

They're loaded with players I would've preferred Burke going after than the guys he did go after (Wheeler, Ladd, Trouba, Buff).

Wheeler for a deal around Kaberle instead of the deal Burke accepted
Ladd instead of Versteeg
Trouba instead of Rielly at the draft
Buff

I will stick with Rielly over Trouba

Thanks.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Jets always dominate the Leafs. Tonight will be no different.

I like their team. Definitely not the most talented team in the league but they will punish you physically and get in your face. Big Buff is an absolute wrecking ball this year. Last game against the Jets he was running wild against us and nobody did a damn thing about it.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Moves like that actually makes me think the unthinkable that the coaches are trying to lose.

Yeah, that's a weird move to make. Perhaps they're showcasing Booth, Lupul, etc, before trade d-day. Guys like Kozun and some of the future Marlie call ups (Leivo, Percy, Granberg, etc) are probably going to see a lot of ice time after trade d-day

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, that's a weird move to make. Perhaps they're showcasing Booth, Lupul, etc, before trade d-day. Guys like Kozun and some of the future Marlie call ups (Leivo, Percy, Granberg, etc) are probably going to see a lot of ice time after trade d-day
I wish they would stop showcasing Winnik before he gets injured trying to lift these sad sacks of **** on his back to carry them the last 4 games before the TD.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I wish they would stop showcasing Winnik before he gets injured trying to lift these sad sacks of **** on his back to carry them the last 4 games before the TD.

This!

Why not bench Winnik for the moment, if the worst happens and he gets injured we lose a pick.

There's only a week to go until the tdl. Keep our asset safe on the bench.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Well Winnipeg is one of the teams with the most interest in him and perhaps after showcasing him tonight the GM work a deal during the game and they take Winnik with them when they head home.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Hoping for a big loss tonight. Need to secure that #4 spot for Strome or Marner.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Well Winnipeg is one of the teams with the most interest in him and perhaps after showcasing him tonight the GM work a deal during the game and they take Winnik with them when they head home.
Knowing our luck Byfuglien will probably destroy him tonight.:(

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

Hmmm, good point. But after this game bench him, lol.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I absolutely can't stand the Jets and hope they crash and burn and miss the playoffs by a single point (they don't even control their own destiny right now).

That said, the tank must roll on. The Jets having our number helps the odds.

As a leafs/jets fan I just don't understand the leaf hate for the jets, there's no history there, who cares about them? :dunno:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
As a leafs/jets fan I just don't understand the leaf hate for the jets, there's no history there, who cares about them? :dunno:
It's a reaction to the irrational hatred coming from the Jets fans when they got their team back. It was like they were inventing a rivalry that had never existed.

leafstilldeath*

Kozun scores and they take him out so they can keep playing Booth lmao unreal

JVR-Bozo-kessel

have been a disaster yet that line is intact and still gets 1st PP mins

and, Clarkson is still on PP

that didn't change why do you expect to see Kozun in for someone who is a has been?

Note: Booth > Clarkson fwiw

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't think its about trying to lose but it does send a message that you may not want..

A young player comes up and scores a goal an puts in a good effort and his contribution isn't rewarded but he is being scratched instead. Wouldn't a better message to be scratch someone else that didn't show up?

If the message is about accountability then this decision seems to contradict that.

Just scratch Kessel. **** him. every game, that top line is -1 or worse.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I absolutely can't stand the Jets and hope they crash and burn and miss the playoffs by a single point (they don't even control their own destiny right now).

That said, the tank must roll on. The Jets having our number helps the odds.

Lol I personally want to see them be successful. I'd like to see more Canadian teams do well, bring the cup home where it belongs.

leafstilldeath*

Lol I personally want to see them be successful. I'd like to see more Canadian teams do well, bring the cup home where it belongs.

I'd rather jump of a building then see habs, canuks, sens win the cup.

Oilers and Flames indifferent. If they ever make it I will cheer for them unless ofcourse leafs also make it whenever that is......

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
The Jets don't have Olli Jokinen, so we will win.

But one player the Leafs don't have is Byfuglien, and very much need one. Probably will completely dominate the Leafs who have no pride or fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad