Winnipeg Naming Discussion pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Hmm, from that article:

Scott Brown, director of corporate communications for True North, wouldn't confirm or deny Chipman spoke to Hall. As much as the new team's owners appreciate the input from fans, he said, the NHL has a company that designs logos for its franchises."We've received more than 250 or 300 logos from the public," he said

For some reason I thought each team's owners privately commission a design. If the NHL usually goes with the same company, I would guess the design of the logo will be similar to the newer logos. Animals tend to be 'flat', stylized and more symbolic, as opposed to cartoon representations, etc. Thrashers, Blue Jackets, Wild, Ducks...

I'm also guessing that the NHL has to approve the design. if that is the case that means there aren't any secret warehouses full of merchandise out there.

If TNSE doesn't even have a team name for this design company of the NHL...then I would also guess that we won't see a logo for weeks, perhaps months.

straka91*

How about Red River Rebels since Winnipeg is the site of the Red River Rebellion?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Wouldnt the Leafs take issue with another team having a large maple leaf that prominent on the front of the jersey like that?

Meh, three American teams prominently focus stars in their logo/scheme. If enough changes it's fair game.

I still don't like the maple leaf filled with syringes look, though.

Hugh Mann*

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but how about the Manitoba or Winnipeg Rebels after Louis Riel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad