Winnipeg Naming Discussion pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
i hope its a new name A) The Jets history is that of a losing franchise and B) lets start with something fresh and new

Cooperalls

Oiler Fan!!!
Oct 5, 2010
I WAS jets, jets, jets... throughout this whole debacle.

But this morning, now that it looks like it's actually happening, I'd like to see something new. Leave the Jets in the past.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
This shoulda been the Coyotes moving, then it can be an easy transition back to the Jets.

Then next year or whatever you coulda just moved the Thrashers to Quebec, Kansas City, Seattle or Hamilton.

I very vaguely remember the Jets as I was 5 when they moved, but it would still be somewhat nostalgic for me (as would the Whalers(I remember them better) if they for some reason ever returned.) if the Jets came back.

I've seen Polar Bears thrown around. really? Really? REALLY?!

I can see the reasoning behind the Moose, AHL team, easy transition, etc, but the team should be called Winnipeg not Manitoba and the Moose uniforms are hiddeous.

Falcons I'm meh on, this is also a current AHL team name and it could be disrespectful to some in Atlanta.

Retail1LO*

it'll be the moose
If it is, it will instantaneously make them one of the highest priced tickets in Canada, for one of the worst names. It'll be like going from paying "x" amount of dollars to watch the Manitoba Moose, to playing 4x to watch a team by the same name. It'll look horrible in print, on ice, and be even worse to have to speak.
It will look beyond amateur. As a professional athlete, it would be hard enough to pick Winnipeg over other potential destinations. But now you're playing for the Manitoba Moose? Pass. Just sayin', I think it's a poor choice in so many ways.

If it's anything but the Jets its a crime
It's not, but it certainly should be.

[mod del]

Last edited by a moderator:

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Just showed thousands of people chanting 'go jets go', and Chipman said right after 'we'll do the right thing'. Make of that what you will

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
tell that to Cleveland Browns fans

Given the Pet Sematary-esque nightmare reincarnation they've had to deal with for over a decade, I'd say thet's enough evidence to make a decent argument for a new team name.

Not to mention the old Browns were around for 60 years and won numerous world titles in the 40's and 50's. The Winnipeg Jets? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad