GDT: @ Winnipeg Jets

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
ESPN just had an interesting stat up. Vegas is 2nd in the league in odd man rushes per game. So contrary to popular belief Deboer's system does not prevent them from getting scoring chances in transition.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
ESPN just had an interesting stat up. Vegas is 2nd in the league in odd man rushes per game. So contrary to popular belief Deboer's system does not prevent them from getting scoring chances in transition.
The transition game is fine...more than fine obviously. The issue is more about what he's instilling in them when they have sustained possession in the offensive zone.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Their problem has been finish all season.

It isn't surprising when the players who put the puck in the net more often have been injured so often. Or, they've been coming back from an injury and are out of the lineup again within a dozen games.

So they're either out or trying to find their feet on the ice before leaving the lineup again.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Their problem has been finish all season.

It isn't surprising when the players who put the puck in the net more often have been injured so often. Or, they've been coming back from an injury and are out of the lineup again within a dozen games.

So they're either out or trying to find their feet on the ice before leaving the lineup again.

Which is what I've been trying to preach all year. They are getting chances. They just haven't been able to finish.

Even in the o-zone it's not the system that's the problem. It's that the players we have don't go to the dirty areas enough AND they struggle to finish the grade A chances they get. You saw today what happens when you get the puck to the net with traffic.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dadonov now on pace for 22 goals, 41 points over 82 games. Pretty good analytics also. He seems great to have in the locker room and can play either wing.

5 million might be too much but at 3 or 3.5 he would be a valuable asset to a lot of teams.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Dadonov now on pace for 22 goals, 41 points over 82 games. Pretty good analytics also. He seems great to have in the locker room and can play either wing.

5 million might be too much but at 3 or 3.5 he would be a valuable asset to a lot of teams.
Me like the line of Eichel, Stephenson and Dadanov a LOT.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
DeBoer's system is great. I like it a lot.

I believe his personality is the problem. Sometimes his decision making is odd...to put it mildly but he seems to be very narrow minded, unable to adjust or change everything. He also doesn't communicate well with the media and always seems to be in defensive mode. I hope his communication with the players is better and for as long as it is, he's a great coach to have. Once it gets to the stage of what it was in SJ, he's a problem though. DeBoer is great about getting a team to learn a highly effective system quickly but his soft skills have yet to impress me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad