GDT: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames August 1st Game 1 of best of 5 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
We haven’t played this badly and uninterested since our last playoff game. Remember that one?
pretty much a replay of that game.

Reactions: Board Bard

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
What a f***ing embarrassment. That was a walk in the park for the Flames.

That's what happens when you replace size and aggressiveness with small skill.

I want to see some real change to this roster in the off-season, definitely not built for the playoffs.

Well at least we have a shot at Lafreniere, he wouldn't have mailed in the rest of the game.

Pathetic.

I posted before series started that we would be to soft and had alot of posters say I was wrong.

I hate to be right in this instance. But I've been saying it all year we are to soft.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The ENG didnt matter. Perreault was 1 of 4 guys who showed up tonight.

Really started to go to shit when 55 got hurt but got worse cuz maurice can't allow roslo to play center for more than 3 minutes or break up our 3rd line.
Lol yeah that was the problem, not the 6 dogshit PP's or our skill players wilting like flowers in a furnace.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I hope Tkachuk's grandparents already have a flaming bag of shit on their front walk, and more where that came from.

Reactions: DRC

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
well, the oilers had their butts handed to them by the hawks....

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Lol yeah that was the problem, not the 6 dogshit PP's or our skill players wilting like flowers in a furnace.

It began when he took roslo away from Connor and Wheeler. Dude i get it.. Superfan but ffs. We got owned tonight. Tonight we were all cucks cuz we watched someone we love get owned.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What a f***ing embarrassment. That was a walk in the park for the Flames.

That's what happens when you replace size and aggressiveness with small skill.

I want to see some real change to this roster in the off-season, definitely not built for the playoffs.

Well at least we have a shot at Lafreniere, he wouldn't have mailed in the rest of the game.

Pathetic.

5 on 5 was even. We just sucked horribly on special teams tonight.

It wasn't as bad a performance as most are making it out to be. That's what happens when you insist on low event hockey. You turn it into a special teams battle and we got hosed there tonight.

The Flames suck at preventing transition offense and we were back to our usual chipmand chase tonight.....

Reactions: Mud Turtle

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think they left their balls in their wives purse before they flew to Edmonton. lol

I hear Micro-Purses are all the rage...

giphy.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey, look, it's simple. If I had a Rollerball team instead of a hockey team, and I had to try and beat a hockey team at hockey, I'd goon the shit out of them and try to make them play Rollerball too. It's a surprisingly brilliant plan for a team with a mean IQ of 94, but they pulled it off, and it's clear that was the MO of the only team that could give a paycheck to both a Tkachuk AND Lucic.

The only surprise is that it took Tkachuk two shifts instead of one, quite frankly.

And of course, I'm aware about board rules regarding expressing positive sentiment towards a player's injury, which SURELY is beneath any of us here, especially given Calgary's complete and total lack of EVER being such "going down swinging" goons.

In completely unrelated news, I'll post this completely unrelated hockey clip for completely unrelated luls.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I disagree. We were throwing checks like crazy just for the hell of it, it was a terrible revenge-fest. There was no interest in the puck.

Soft players can throw checks. Hell I can go out there and throw checks. Doesnt mean we are not soft.

We are WAY to soft to play big boy tough hockey, as soon as we tried the game went in Calgary's favor.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
I don’t care if we lose this series but if that POS Matt Cooke 2.0 ruined Scheifele for the future With a torn Achilles I hope someone knocks him out

Reactions: snowkiddin

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
5 on 5 was even. We just sucked horribly on special teams tonight.

It wasn't as bad a performance as most are making it out to be. That's what happens when you insist on low event hockey. You turn it into a special teams battle and we got hosed there tonight.

The Flames suck at preventing transition offense and we were back to our usual chipmand chase tonight.....

Coaching u mean. Special teams and dump n chase..100 percent coaching. Lack of effort = players but this isn't new.. We got in this play in cuz of Helle and Helle alone

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
This PP completely disorganized. Guys all over the ice.....except where the puck is...

I think the only time PP kind of worked was a brief moment after Scheifele was injured and Wheeler fought with Tkatchuk and they had to shuffle it around. I think their typical PP play had it's "best before" date somewhere around season 17-18 or thereabouts. Everyone and their dog knows what they are trying now, no surprises.

Reactions: rkp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad