GDT: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames August 1st Game 1 of best of 5 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maurice can't counter neutral zone trap hockey, every team in the league knows it. Break-outs from our own end and on the PP were trash - can't get any scoring chances if you can't even get in their zone.

Yup. Really we are going to have Eakins as the main guy to gain the zkne on the pp....

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maurice can't counter neutral zone trap hockey, every team in the league knows it. Break-outs from our own end and on the PP were trash - can't get any scoring chances if you can't even get in their zone.

Three Flames at the blue line and the Jets just start playing dump and chase hockey.

Abysmal zone entry.

theinkster

Apr 10, 2018
Good thing I found this new mouth wash to get the bad taste of that game out of my mouth
Ni6TJji.jpg

81 needs to take a bath in this stuff to return to his previous KFC-ness. He was playing scared out there tonight, shying away from even the slightest bit of contact

Reactions: DharmaBum

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well Wheeler says they don't know the severity of Scheifele's injury yet and didn't seem to have to think or collect his thoughts on it at all. I don't think he'd lie but it was a bit of a loaded question from Wiebe.
Kind of kills the excuse for the rest of the game after the 1st period, the effort just wasn't there which I guess you could also argue that their minds could've been elsewhere thinking about their odds without Scheifele.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I think you mean PoMo hasn't evolved as a coach in all the games he has coached in the nhl

It's how Vegas beat us in the playoffs, and I saw it several times this year when the other team had more goals than us. You would think that for such a basic and common hockey strategy, Maurice would be able to use our players' speed and talent to overcome it with a tactic that isn't dump & chase. We're sitting ducks.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Is Wheeler done also cuz he looked worse. I mean it's cute to pile on a dude who gets 4th line minutes and God forbid allowed an ENG but.. Perreault on list of problems is likely number 12 on this list
I never said I was piling on #85. I was simply responding to a post saying to send him to Seattle, and then gave my opinion that Harkins would provide way more then Perreault does. I think you need to chill the heck out man and step outside into the warm summer air for a deep breathe.

Reactions: John Agar

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
have to remember they were down one dman coming into this game, the flames that is....

theinkster

Apr 10, 2018
Well Wheeler says they don't know the severity of Scheifele's injury yet and didn't seem to have to think or collect his thoughts on it at all. I don't think he'd lie but it was a bit of a loaded question from Wiebe.
Kind of kills the excuse for the rest of the game after the 1st period, the effort just wasn't there which I guess you could also argue that their minds could've been elsewhere thinking about their odds without Scheifele.

Of course Wheeler responded how he did. What else is he supposed to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad