Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets v Arizona Coyotes Tuesday 7pm

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-300x225.jpg

Topics: Perreault status. Burmistrov/Stafford update. Changes to PK? Team mentality currently. Ehlers on the left side. Scheifele status. Nature of Lowry’s injury? When does Postma return? Magic potion to fix the problems?

To listen click here.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Regardless of Doan's antics on-ice, he's still the last original Jet which I think is pretty significant. I hope he gets some support (but his team gets thrashed :D).

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
No tributes. I'm done with effin tributes, already. Even with the last Teemu love-fest I was kinda done.

No video package, no standing O. I don't want to hear 'Jump' by Van Halen. I don't want Curt Keilback to magically appear, wearing an 1.0 jersey and announce Doan's name. Nothing. Not even a blurb and quick shot of him on the scoreboard. I'm not in the mood.

Maybe if our team lead the Central division or something, I'd be in a better mood for this stuff. :(

He was a Jet for 1 year. Scored 17 pts. I don't see a reason to show love or sentimentality. It's not as if we ever bonded with him or vice-versa. I guess it would be another excuse to wax nostalgic about the 1.0 Jets....again.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I feel more of an emotional connection to Antti Miettinen than I do to Shane Doan :dunno:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I feel more of an emotional connection to Antti Miettinen than I do to Shane Doan :dunno:

Shane Doan was pretty anti Winnipeg when it looked like Phoenix could move here.

He did not want to trade his cowboy hat in for a tuque and mittens.

I see no reason to honour Shane Doan especially after he rammed over Pavelac last game putting him on the IR for 2 months.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Whoever does not love Mittens has cold, cold hands.

I so wanted him to have more scoring touch, but I was there when he potted 2 vs the Canes 2012...

Can you tell me where you were when Mittens put 2 in and we STILL lost?!?!

Yeah Mittens, **** Yeah!

:yo:

Mittens is your daddy!

:naughty:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Shane Doan was pretty anti Winnipeg when it looked like Phoenix could move here.

He did not want to trade his cowboy hat in for a tuque and mittens.

I see no reason to honour Shane Doan especially after he rammed over Pavelac last game putting him on the IR for 2 months.
Ya i agree , it's not spite or anything , he was only a Jet for a cup of coffee and i want the Jets paying pissed off not lovey dovee . On a fantastic side note the Broncos beat team ego and arrogance the Pats , Ya Baby !!! GOOOOOOO Broncos GOOOOOOO !!!!

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
It will be a warm January day in Winnipeg before I salute Doan.... Ahhhhh crap that doesn't seem to be a great line these days :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Postma returns to practice today after his stint with the Moose. Why not put him in the lineup?

#freepostma
#benchstuart

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Whoever does not love Mittens has cold, cold hands.

I so wanted him to have more scoring touch, but I was there when he potted 2 vs the Canes 2012...

Can you tell me where you were when Mittens put 2 in and we STILL lost?!?!

Yeah Mittens, **** Yeah!

:yo:

Mittens is your daddy!

:naughty:

he scored 2 goals twice, didn't he. and the Jets lost both games! I think. I could be wrong. Nope. I'm right. twice that happened.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not true.

He didn't want to sell his ranch and move his kids. Nothing against Winnipeg.

Bryzgalov and Eric Belanger are the real tools.

Yeah I didn't see it as anti-Winnipeg either, more pro-Phoenix. I don't really like him for other reasons, but not because of those comments.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Michael-Hutchinson-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Burmistrov, Stafford are back. No Lowry or Perreault. Postma back from two week conditioning stint with Moose.

Audio: Ladd and Wheeler. (Ladd gets asked about contract situation for first four or five questions).

Click here.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Not true.

He didn't want to sell his ranch and move his kids. Nothing against Winnipeg.

Bryzgalov and Eric Belanger are the real tools.

Bryz was just going with the room sentiment I think - following the tone set by the illustrious captain of the Coyotes, Dirtbag McCheapshot. :laugh:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-post-prac-in-Jan-300x186.png

Topics: Status of Perreault and Little. Having a couple days of practice. Is Scheifele a player for tomorrow? Does he notice a difference in Ladd? What makes him a good leader? How much is he aware of the trade deadline approaching and does he use that as a motivator? With a five day break how big a danger is there of a lack of focus? How close is Pavelec to returning?

To listen click here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad