Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2017 - #6

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Samberg again, add Nogier.

Yes. I may have been a bit hyperbolic, but I believe he has what it takes to be a good middle six player in the NHL.

While I like Spacek as a prospect, I'm not quite as high on his offensive upside as many here seem to be.

I'm counting on some initial struggles for him with the Moose next season, and IMO anything more than 30 points will be gravy.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
19-19-19-14? Very close. :D

Hank: what would you think about a run-off between the top three, or do you want some more votes first?

We'll let it run until the poll expires tomorrow morning.

Tie-breaker poll may be needed, though. :nod:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure what people see in Comrie. He's going to be a career AHLer.

I think you just need to be patient with him and let him over ripen in ahl. He is so technically sound and moves so well that he will only get better. I feel he can be a serviceable backup but not a future starter. Where other guys we're voting for now have flaws and reasons why they may never make it just as well.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I don't know about Niku. He was REALLY good in the Liiga this past season, and has progressed admirably since his draft. His scoring compared to his peers was on Enström level (the year before he joined the Thrashers) this past season, and Niku is quite a bit younger than Toby was then.

I'm not entirely sure how we got him in the 7th round, but Niku has progressed like an early round pick since he was drafted. If he can make the jump to NA ice, he's gonna be a player.

Oh no, I have no problems with the Niku position in the ranking. I actually expected him to go pretty high. I didn't expect Poolman to go immediately afterwards.

Easily our most underrated/forgotten prospect. Harkins Would have been a first rounders almost every draft year.

Problem is he had a relatively mediocre D+2 year, which affects recency bias quite a lot. I expect Harkins to go in the next two or three.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh no, I have no problems with the Niku position in the ranking. I actually expected him to go pretty high. I didn't expect Poolman to go immediately afterwards.

Our future cheap bottom pair when we need them cause we'll break the bank. They will make a nice pairing.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I think you just need to be patient with him and let him over ripen in ahl. He is so technically sound and moves so well that he will only get better. I feel he can be a serviceable backup but not a future starter. Where other guys we're voting for now have flaws and reasons why they may never make it just as well.

Maybe you're right. I hope he pans out.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Wow I'm surprised Harkins is leading. I think Samber, Spacek and maybe Comrie are ahead of him for me.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Wow I'm surprised Harkins is leading. I think Samber, Spacek and maybe Comrie are ahead of him for me.

Some may consider him to have more upside (he threatened to go in the 1st that year), and others may weigh "readiness" in their decision.

I do think that there are players that have more upside, like the ones you mentioned, but I can understand why some people would vote for Harkins.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah, comrie kind of played 18 games in a row towards the end of the season, which really heard his save percentage. Before that stretch, he was a respectable .915. All we got to do is keep building depth on the Moose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad