5. Tucker Poolman, D

tucker-poolman-2014-6378.jpg

33.3% of vote

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Spacek is being slightly overrated. Harkins is the better player. Voted Stanley because, although he's not close to the NHL, he's the best Jets prospect remaining.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Between Samberg and Harkins. Went with Harkins because just too little is known about Samberg.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sticking with Samberg. He's got impact player potential.

Best case for Spacek and Harkins is probably 3C.

Kosmachuk 1.49 ppg
Lipon 1.46 ppg
Spacek 1.44 ppg
Lemieux 1.38 ppg
De Leo 1.25 ppg
Lowry 1.22 ppg
Genarro 1.16 ppg
Harkins 1.13 ppg

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Less being known is what in part makes his ceiling so high.

Less being known changes the kurtosis of the possibility curve, and expands out. It doesn't shift the possibility curve.

I know. His ceiling right now is Bobby Orr. His floor is Joe Bftsplk. What's his probability? That's unknown too though maybe within a narrower range. I'm going to say it is Chiarot.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd vote Comrie but it's a wasted vote at this point. Between Spacek and Harkins. I see a much higher offensive ceiling in Spacek. Harkins likely bottom 6 ceiling at best. Went with Spacek, hes the better offensive player and the only one with what I think could be top 9 potential between the two.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd vote Comrie but it's a wasted vote at this point. Between Spacek and Harkins. I see a much higher offensive ceiling in Spacek. Harkins likely bottom 6 ceiling at best. Went with Spacek, hes the better offensive player and the only one with what I think could be top 9 potential between the two.

Good point, I know Comrie won't get in for at least three more. I would be voting Spacek next, he's a dandy and his potential is intriguing.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Starved we are for d prospects that we put a 24 year old D with a relative safe floor over a prospect with a very high offensive ceiling.

Thats my thoughts too. I think Spaceks potential out-trumps either Niku or Poolman but given we need D-men so bad, I hope I'm wrong

Last edited:

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Went with Spacek. IIRC he did pretty good at the WJC this year? Can't remember what tournament it was but that was encouraging, plus his season in the WHL.

gotta say am excited Samberg is getting so much attention though - never heard of until we drafted him.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Thats my thoughts too. I think Spaceks potential far out-trumps either Niku or Poolman but given we need D-men so bad, I hope I'm wrong

I don't know about Niku. He was REALLY good in the Liiga this past season, and has progressed admirably since his draft. His scoring compared to his peers was on Enström level (the year before he joined the Thrashers) this past season, and Niku is quite a bit younger than Toby was then.

I'm not entirely sure how we got him in the 7th round, but Niku has progressed like an early round pick since he was drafted. If he can make the jump to NA ice, he's gonna be a player.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Thats my thoughts too. I think Spaceks potential far out-trumps either Niku or Poolman but given we need D-men so bad, I hope I'm wrong

So it is about nothing but ceilings?

Spacek might have about a 20-30% chance of becoming an NHL regular. Poolman is more like 60-80%. There may be very little chance that he rises above 3rd pair but there is very good chance that he makes it that far. (all probabilities based on careful analysis of the quantum of their skating mechanics :laugh:)

It isn't like Spacek has 1st line ceiling and his 2nd line potential probably isn't any higher than Poolman's 2nd pair probability. So ceilings aren't actually much different although Spacek on the 3rd line probably scores about double what Poolman scores on the 3rd pair.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
So it is about nothing but ceilings?

Spacek might have about a 20-30% chance of becoming an NHL regular. Poolman is more like 60-80%. There may be very little chance that he rises above 3rd pair but there is very good chance that he makes it that far. (all probabilities based on careful analysis of the quantum of their skating mechanics :laugh:)

It isn't like Spacek has 1st line ceiling and his 2nd line potential probably isn't any higher than Poolman's 2nd pair probability. So ceilings aren't actually much different although Spacek on the 3rd line probably scores about double what Poolman scores on the 3rd pair.

I don't know what to think about Poolman thats the problem. Yes Spacek has the higher ceiling but when it comes to the Jets at least, Poolman's chances of making it to the NHL are infinitely better. But is he going to be any good or just another Redmond, Postma, Chariot type? I'm guessing he has a ceiling a lot higher than that, but in reality are we all just hoping he has more potential or has he shown enough in the NCAA to expect more than that out of him?

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Harkins sitting at 0.7 PPG after 10 AHL games. Hopefully, it's an indicator of success to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00