Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2017 - #6

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, comrie kind of played 18 games in a row towards the end of the season, which really heard his save percentage. Before that stretch, he was a respectable .915. All we got to do is keep building depth on the Moose.

The good news is we are not in a rush with Eric so he will probably get two more full seasons in the AHL. I like the idea of a longer development track for him for now at least. If he's not ready at that point for a a back up role in the NHL then we have to cut him loose and open up the AHL spot for the next guy.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I almost feel like new voters are making a conscious effort to maintain the three way tie at this point. :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Why all the Comrie hate? He is still only 22. Give him time

Is it hate or lack of love? I think there is a difference no? I like Eric and am cheering for him but he needs to elevate his game to the next level at some point IMO. Will it happen, I hope so but TNSE have done a ****** job developing goalie talent to succeed in the NHL over the past 6 seasons.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, comrie kind of played 18 games in a row towards the end of the season, which really heard his save percentage. Before that stretch, he was a respectable .915. All we got to do is keep building depth on the Moose.

Why all the Comrie hate? He is still only 22. Give him time

Where have you seen Comrie hate? I haven't seen any.

I've seen a lot of Comrie skepticism. Where it comes from is obvious. Seasons of .907 & .906 in the AHL rarely lead to NHL futures for goalies - even as backups. At 22 he doesn't need to be playing at NHL starter level but he should at least be league avg. starter in the AHL.

The list of Jets goalies who did substantially better than that in the AHL; Hellebuyck, Hutchinson, Pavelec, Eddie Pasquale. Pasquale was cut loose at 24 YO after b2b seasons of .920 & .919 with the IceCaps.

Don't worry. He will get another year at least to up his game.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But what about voter fraud and busloads of illegal voters voting in this poll?

I feel like on our board the problem would be the opposite which is busloads of legal and sane people brought in to vote and "normalize" our insane base :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad