Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2015 - #15

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Spacek ....... Is he going to play for Red Deer In the WHL this year ? or does he have to finish his last year of a contract in CZECH

I would like to see him in Red Deer due to the Memorial Cup host team and we would be albe to gauge Spacek development better. Also Spacek can get accustomed to the NA game.

I would like to jump on the band wagon on this thread..... But I cannot. As I have no seen him play apart from his OT goal at development camp.
Q..?... For all the guys pumping Spaceks tires... If he does play WHL this year does he match DeLeo draft+1 year point totals of 39 goals and 80 plus points?????

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
27% of players with Kichton's scoring numbers and height at 22 made the NHL.
The pt/gp of his cohorts works out to 25 points in an 82 game season.

That was his bad year.
The year prior it was 50% and 28 points per 82 GP.

I still see some potential in him, although his skating likely puts him at the under than the over.

Also, remember the impact of a 3rd-pair regular defender is slightly more than that of a 3rd line forward, which many of these guys may never become.

His skating is the biggestissue for me. I don't think he will be able to play his game when the pace increases. Also not sure many teams will play a player like him primarily on the powerplay. Had the same opinion last year, but the big rookie campaign gave me hope. I have less now.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Interesting that you take that stance when a few of the other guys already have pro contracts.

You may well be right, but there is a chance that Pool man won't ever play a pro game for the Jets while Kichton, Lodge, Lipon and De Leo are sure things - at least in the AHL.

I just think Poolman will impact the NHL roster a bit more than the others, play more games in the end.

We'll see in a few years.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Spacek ....... Is he going to play for Red Deer In the WHL this year ? or does he have to finish his last year of a contract in CZECH

I would like to see him in Red Deer due to the Memorial Cup host team and we would be albe to gauge Spacek development better. Also Spacek can get accustomed to the NA game.

I would like to jump on the band wagon on this thread..... But I cannot. As I have no seen him play apart from his OT goal at development camp.
Q..?... For all the guys pumping Spaceks tires... If he does play WHL this year does he match DeLeo draft+1 year point totals of 39 goals and 80 plus points?????

Great question. I don't know, but I hope he does. I hope he leads the Rebels in scoring and out-paces Conner Bleakley by a handful of points. Carrying a teammeans as much as the actual point total to me.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Voted Spacek.

Expecting a great season from him in the WHL if he plays there.

De Leo next time.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Voted for Erik Foley.

It was a toss up between Foley and Michael Spacek for me. Spacek has a very interesting skill set, but I like Foley as a tough-to-play against, middle-6 upside forward with good NHL tools. I'm intrigued to see these two going forward.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Even though Glover didn't offer much this past season, he was actually fairly decent in his draft year. On the USDP, he was 4th in D-men scoring behind Hanafin and Werenski. It will be intriguing to watch him this year to see how he performs in a more prominent role.

I honestly don't see Glover making the Jets ever. If he can't make the lineup on a regular basis on the University of Minnesota hockey team, I doubt he will ever be more than a AHL bottom tier defenseman.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I went Spacek even though Foley was taken higher and I rate Foley, but it was just a gut feeling.

On further thinking I should have picked De Leo.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I honestly don't see Glover making the Jets ever. If he can't make the lineup on a regular basis on the University of Minnesota hockey team, I doubt he will ever be more than a AHL bottom tier defenseman.

Don't forget it was his freshman year. He had to compete for icetime with five 20-22 year olds including standout Mike Reilly. This next season will be different and he should be given a bigger role. You can't write him off simply because he had the (mis?)fortune of playing on a team that already had a stacked D.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Don't forget it was his freshman year. He had to compete for icetime with five 20-22 year olds including standout Mike Reilly. This next season will be different and he should be given a bigger role. You can't write him off simply because he had the (mis?)fortune of playing on a team that already had a stacked D.

And 6 other drafted D-men, unless I'm mistaken.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If I was a Leaf fan (Reilly Nylander) I'd probably point out that Foley was drafted ahead of Spacek ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If I was a Leaf fan (Reilly Nylander) I'd probably point out that Foley was drafted ahead of Spacek ;)

Well, for players just drafted by the Jets, it's not illogical to assume that the Jets' scouts had good reasons for drafting Foley ahead of Spacek. Sure, they'll make mistake, but they've done more homework that posters here.

I am more inclined to re-position players from earlier drafts because we've had a chance to see more of their development trajectory.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Well, for players just drafted by the Jets, it's not illogical to assume that the Jets' scouts had good reasons for drafting Foley ahead of Spacek. Sure, they'll make mistake, but they've done more homework that posters here.

I am more inclined to re-position players from earlier drafts because we've had a chance to see more of their development trajectory.

There's game theory also.
What you think other teams will do influences what you do.

I think they have reasons. I think it's folly to automatically assume it's a good reason.

Maybe it is good reason. Maybe it is not.
Heck you can't even know post-hoc. Maybe it is a good reason, but Foley still fails. May it is a bad reason, but Foley works out. We'll never know.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Mike Rielly left
Ben Marshall graduated

I believe that's it.

It should also be noted that Glover was #7 of the 8 drafted and not #8.
So, if nothing changes, that should make him a 5, with legit chance of moving higher.

Brady Skjei spent some time in the AHL to close out last year too. He gone.

Glover in the top 4!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Could have voted Spacek. Picked DeLeo because he always seems to be overlooked. If he had been drafted in 2010 he would have been our #1 prospect by a clear margin coming from Atlanta. Not that that says much but now he can't make the top 15 and we've graduated 5.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Wow, amazing how far Lodge has fallen. He's not even getting a sniff here. Not that I think he should either, at least not at this point. Low 20's?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad