Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2015 - #15

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm one of the 2 that voted for Phillips. ;) Was between him and Spacek.

I really hope Spacek plays in Red Deer next year for very selfish reasons. Much easier to watch him play!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I'm one of the 2 that voted for Phillips. ;) Was between him and Spacek.

I really hope Spacek plays in Red Deer next year for very selfish reasons. Much easier to watch him play!

If Spacek plays a full year in Red Deer........ How many points does he score???? (Prediction Game)

(Remember he will miss 7 games as he is likely on the WJC .... So say in 65 games)

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Voted Spacek.
Only 5 spots left after this one is filled.

From what's left on the board here's who I'm choosing from. In no particular order.

Defense:
Poolman, Kichton, Glover, Niku

Forwards:
Foley, DeLeo, Lipon, Kraskovsky

Not sure about Foley. Meaning I don't know much about him.
How does he compare to CJ Franklin? I thought their points were similar. They're relatively the same size. I'm not sure about their style of play or usage though. Can anybody add to this?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Voted Spacek.
Only 5 spots left after this one is filled.

From what's left on the board here's who I'm choosing from. In no particular order.

Defense:
Poolman, Kichton, Glover, Niku

Forwards:
Foley, DeLeo, Lipon, Kraskovsky

Not sure about Foley. Meaning I don't know much about him.
How does he compare to CJ Franklin? I thought their points were similar. They're relatively the same size. I'm not sure about their style of play or usage though. Can anybody add to this?

Foley was a 3rd rd pick in a deep draft and might make team USA u20 as an 18 year old. Franklin wasn't drafted until he was 20 years old and I doubt he ever puts on a USA jersey......just perspective

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Foley was a 3rd rd pick in a deep draft and might make team USA u20 as an 18 year old. Franklin wasn't drafted until he was 20 years old and I doubt he ever puts on a USA jersey......just perspective

Yup. Age matters.

Foley 54 points in 55 games, but 17-year-old season
Franklin 51 points in 53 games, but 19-year-old season

8.7%** of the 23 players who scored like Foley in the USHL at Foley's age and height made the NHL
None of the 93 players who scored like Franklin in the USHL at Franklin's age and height made the NHL

**Should be noted that the two players who did make 200+ NHL GP were further cohorts of Foley who exceeded a point per game, but very similar in age and height

Last edited:

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Good stuff. Thanks Aavco. Thanks Mathman.
That clears things up a lot.
I thought they were both drafted in their initial year of eligibility. My bad.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Yup. Age matters.

Foley 54 points in 55 games, but 17-year-old season
Franklin 51 points in 53 games, but 19-year-old season

8.7%** of the 23 players who scored like Foley in the USHL at Foley's age and height made the NHL
None of the 93 players who scored like Franklin in the USHL at Franklin's age and height made the NHL

**Should be noted that the two players who did make 200+ NHL GP were further cohorts of Foley who exceeded a point per game, but very similar in age and height

There is a first for everything!@

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad