May 23, 2018
NW Scout ???? ??

It is probably obvious....... but what is NW

compass.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How would you compare his path to the Poolman development path?

He is 2 years younger than Poolman was after 3 years NCAA making a direct comparison difficult, but I think that means Kovacevic has at least a little more potential.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
How would you compare his path to the Poolman development path?

As MardyBum said, Merrimack is a very low scoring team. 14 in 24 is pretty decent considering how infrequently they put the puck in the net.

Kovacevik has been involved in 26.4% of Merrimack's total goals, including whatever they scored in the 3 games he was injured. They've scored a total of 53 goal in 27 games.

Poolman at roughly the same age scored 18 points in 40 games, though that was his first year in the NCAA and this is Kovacevik's 3rd.

In Poolman's best year he was involved in 23.6% of North Dakota's total goals.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Stanley is still a prospect. :dunno:

We can't undraft him or have a draft do over.

A decent season so far for him. Guess I'm just missing some of the talk about the guys not playing in the A or at least talk about them actually playing hockey not where they were drafted and what we moved to pick them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As MardyBum said, Merrimack is a very low scoring team. 14 in 24 is pretty decent considering how infrequently they put the puck in the net.

Kovacevik has been involved in 26.4% of Merrimack's total goals, including whatever they scored in the 3 games he was injured. They've scored a total of 53 goal in 27 games.

Poolman at roughly the same age scored 18 points in 40 games, though that was his first year in the NCAA and this is Kovacevik's 3rd.

In Poolman's best year he was involved in 23.6% of North Dakota's total goals.

Poolman also played at forward in College a bit.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
NHLe - D+2 Season:

Kovacevic (D+2): 17

Niku (D+2)... 16

Liljegren (D+2): 16

Cal Foote (D+2): 16

Dylan Samberg (D+2): 16

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well that's interesting. Can't wait to see Sammy and Kovi holding the line with the Moose next year.
I think Samberg and Kovacevic are both very intriguing prospects. I've really liked what I've seen from Samberg in games I've seen. I haven't seen Kovacevic in game action, but he really impressed me during Development Camp. His size and mobility and smarts really stood out for me in that setting. Neither of them strike me as offensive dynamos, but both of them are big, mobile D with good vision and smart puck movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad