Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Samberg and Kovacevic are both very intriguing prospects. I've really liked what I've seen from Samberg in games I've seen. I haven't seen Kovacevic in game action, but he really impressed me during Development Camp. His size and mobility and smarts really stood out for me in that setting. Neither of them strike me as offensive dynamos, but both of them are big, mobile D with good vision and smart puck movement.

From what I've seen at development camp I like Kovacevic's game more then Poolman's. He plays a more smooth game and imo has a bit more tools. I think he can be a very good number 5 dmen if he adapts well to the pro game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think Samberg and Kovacevic are both very intriguing prospects. I've really liked what I've seen from Samberg in games I've seen. I haven't seen Kovacevic in game action, but he really impressed me during Development Camp. His size and mobility and smarts really stood out for me in that setting. Neither of them strike me as offensive dynamos, but both of them are big, mobile D with good vision and smart puck movement.

Yea Samberg was "the" guy I really wanted us to draft in the second round so I have been very happy since draft day. Kovi replaced graduate Niku as my favorite dark horse prospect. I like his blend of skills and am looking forward to how he does when he joins the Moose. All of a sudden we have an interesting group of D prospects forming.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But was it enough to make up for getting Stanleyed the previous year? ;)

The only thing that will right the good ship Stanley is if he eventually plays decent for the Jets. I kind of kid at the end of the day every org is going to wiff on picks if that's what happens here so be it I will move on.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yea Samberg was "the" guy I really wanted us to draft in the second round so I have been very happy since draft day. Kovi replaced graduate Niku as my favorite dark horse prospect. I like his blend of skills and am looking forward to how he does when he joins the Moose. All of a sudden we have an interesting group of D prospects forming.

I think it needs the whole list in one place to really underline your statement.
Niku - Kovacevic
Samberg - Gawanke
Poolman still there somewhere,
Not to mention Stanley and Green, longer shots but still very much 'prospects'.
And the other long shots who are also showing good potential, Chisholm and Vallati. I like that there are both right and left hand shots on the list. The only thing missing is a top pair RHD to replace Trouba. If Chevy can find some way to sign him (and Morrissey) we are well set up for the next 10 years on D.

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The only thing that will right the good ship Stanley is if he eventually plays decent for the Jets. I kind of kid at the end of the day every org is going to wiff on picks if that's what happens here so be it I will move on.

The 2 years after Stanley can be spun either positively or negatively at this time, depending on your POV and mood at the moment. In another couple of years those choices will have revealed themselves much more clearly than now. If Stanley turns into a decent player or if he turns out to be a one-off I will have no trouble moving on. So .... Vesalainen, Samberg and any one of our '18 picks hitting and Stanley can be written off like Sutter largely has been. Nobody is right all the time.

Reactions: ps241 and HannuJ

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Samberg with a goal and Kovacevic with an assist last night.
Where are you seeing that Merrimack played last night? Says they didn't on the site that I use but it could easily be wrong.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Samberg went into the WJC on an 8 game pointless streak, has 6 points in 8 games since coming back. Really starting to heat up.
Him and Stanley will make a great pairing as Neither will get going till February and hit prime big guy around the second to fourth rounds.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Berdin had 44 saves from 46 shots in the Icemen’s SO loss tonight. Good for Berdin, since his last couple of games before tonight’s were substandard.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he's pro ready. I don't see how another full year in the NCAA moves the needle on his development.

It will entirely be up to him. The Jets will make an offer I see him signing once his NCAA season is done. I just think one more year of NCAA would be good for him before he's tasked with being a #1 on the Moose.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It will entirely be up to him. The Jets will make an offer I see him signing once his NCAA season is done. I just think one more year of NCAA would be good for him before he's tasked with being a #1 on the Moose.
It would be unusual for the Jets at this point, but I think Samberg might even be ready for the Jets next season.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd personally give him one more year of NCAA but the Jets might just sign him sooner to get him to the AHL.

He would likely develop about equally in either NCAA or AHL, give or take. Better to have him signed and remove any doubt about possible FA. The AHL will get him adapted to a pro schedule and training practices so at least a slight edge.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He would likely develop about equally in either NCAA or AHL, give or take. Better to have him signed and remove any doubt about possible FA. The AHL will get him adapted to a pro schedule and training practices so at least a slight edge.

He couldit's up to him though. I see him likely signing after his NCAA season is done.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Berdin's been recalled by the Moose

In yo' face, Appleby. Watch your back, Comrie. Uh-huh.

yes.gif

Reactions: wasup and HannuJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad