GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Phoenix Coyotes | 7PM PDT | FSA+

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
In all 17 years I've been watching Coyotes hockey, gotta say, this is easily the most frustrating team I've ever seen. :help:

QFT; this team had so much promise.

Tippett has really lost the ability to motivate the team any more. The coaching staff can no longer get 60 minutes of consistent output from a group of guys now.

All I have to say is :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Aela*

Honestly as much as I freaking love him and want him for ourselves, I hope you guys take Goldobin.

Has the most pure talent of any player in the draft imo.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
QFT; this team had so much promise.

Tippett has really lost the ability to motivate the team any more. The coaching staff can no longer get 60 minutes of consistent output from a group of guys now.

All I have to say is :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

In the middle of the season when players are getting tired and the games don't seemingly carry as much weight is when Tip and company need to keep them motivated (which I would agree that was not done effectively). But, if the players can't get themselves motivated now when the playoffs are on the line that's on them.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
In the middle of the season when players are getting tired and the games don't seemingly carry as much weight is when Tip and company need to keep them motivated (which I would agree that was not done effectively). But, if the players can't get themselves motivated now when the playoffs are on the line that's on them.

Or, you would be unmotivated if you no longer believe in the system or coaching philosophy at hand.

I think we are getting close to the point where it's time to this era to a close. I thought they had recovered a little after that atrocious Dec/Jan run. But apparently that was just an aberration, now they are back to their forms of losing to the likes of Cal/Buff on nightly basis.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Any coincidence that we're 0-2 since Riberio's return? I'm not pinning this loss on Ribeiro, or even a worthwhile portion of it, but I'd like to see him scratched again next game. Put Moss in. It's sad that it's come to that, but Rib is of no use to us right now.

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix

This is very true. If the players don't want it at this point you can't get them there. To me that wild game said it all. Had playoffs in the bag if they played that game. Dallas kicked the heck out of capitals. They want it.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Any coincidence that we're 0-2 since Riberio's return? I'm not pinning this loss on Ribeiro, or even a worthwhile portion of it, but I'd like to see him scratched again next game. Put Moss in. It's sad that it's come to that, but Rib is of no use to us right now.

I don't' think he hurt us in any capacity; but he certainly hasn't helped us at all, either.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well that was worth the 2 hours it took to get Glendale (there was an accident on I-10). :(

Still have another 30 minutes until I get back to Gilbert. :(

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Agree with you a 100% Pi. Has this team even played a full 60 this year...?

No. Clean house.

Roster players I'm somewhat attached to:
Doan
Hanzal
Boedker
Vermette
McMillan
OEL
Michalek
Murphy
Gormley
Stone(borderline)
Summers(borderline)

Guys I'm not particularly attached to(move for right deal):
Yandle
Morris
Schlemko
Ribeiro
Erat
Vrbata
Korpikoski
Klinkhammer
Moss
Chipchura
Halpern
Bissonnette
Smith
Greiss

Areas of need:
Players who give a ****
Balls

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't think that Tippet is the problem here. I think that Maloney put together a team that can't play together. Time for a rebuild. Seriously. This team if farther away from contending than just 2 or 3 players. The present corps of players just doesn't have what it takes.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
No. Clean house.

Roster players I'm somewhat attached to:
Doan
Hanzal
Boedker
Vermette
McMillan
OEL
Michalek
Murphy
Gormley
Stone(borderline)
Summers(borderline)

Guys I'm not particularly attached to(move for right deal):
Yandle
Morris
Schlemko
Ribeiro
Erat
Vrbata
Korpikoski
Klinkhammer
Moss
Chipchura
Halpern
Bissonnette
Smith
Greiss

Areas of need:
Players who give a ****
Balls

I agree with all this, except for maybe Vrbata. I'd like to keep him around, if we could find a damn forward that isn't garbage for his line.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
It's even worse considering how well we started the season! I expected us to cool off- but not to .500 hockey.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Meh, I'm tired of losing to the league's **** teams, like Buffalo and like tonight.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think that Tippet is the problem here. I think that Maloney put together a team that can't play together. Time for a rebuild. Seriously. This team if farther away from contending than just 2 or 3 players. The present corps of players just doesn't have what it takes.

Ownership took over with a five year out clause. Rebuilding is not an option. That's just a euphemism for relocating, at this point.

We need to jettison soft, listless, nonchalant players for intense, passionate, hard players. Make this exchange to as many of the roster spots as humanly possible and then try this whole thing again next season.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
If it wasn't for the added revenue that the owners get for playoffs, I'd be all for trying to get a top 10 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad