GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Phoenix Coyotes | 7PM PDT | FSA+

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Geez, you end up with a result like this, and then you play L.A tomorrow.. that's going to be interesting.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Erat - 1 point in 11 games with us. Damn, we are stuck paying 4.5 million for him next year.

Edit: Okay I lied. 2.25 according to cap geek, but still...

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Tippet said in his presser that it was "tight game" a "game of inches".

I have one question for coach Tippet: Why wasn't the Dallas - Washington game (where Dallas beat the Caps 5 - 0 IN Washington). Why wasn't that a "game of inches," a "tight, tight" game??

Too many excuses from this coach.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
No. Clean house.

Roster players I'm somewhat attached to:
Doan
Hanzal
Boedker
Vermette
McMillan
OEL
Michalek
Murphy
Gormley
Stone(borderline)
Summers(borderline)

Guys I'm not particularly attached to(move for right deal):
Yandle
Morris
Schlemko
Ribeiro
Erat
Vrbata
Korpikoski
Klinkhammer
Moss
Chipchura
Halpern
Bissonnette
Smith
Greiss

Areas of need:
Players who give a ****
Balls

Add Yandle and Vrby to the first category for me. Maybe Smitty since he's been stellar since Feb. 1 and is in general a balls-y guy.

But other than that, cosigned, especially with the bolded. Maloney really needs to take a woodchipper to this roster in the offseason, Fargo-style.

wood-chipper-o.gif

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

I have one question for coach Tippet: Why wasn't the Dallas - Washington game (where Dallas beat the Caps 5 - 0 IN Washington). Why wasn't that a "game of inches," a "tight, tight" game??

Because Washington is an awful team that was turning the puck over the entire game. The 5-0 score could've easily been 8 or 9-0 the way the Caps played last night. Jets at least played like they cared.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. Clean house.

Roster players I'm somewhat attached to:
Doan
Hanzal
Boedker
Vermette
McMillan
OEL
Michalek
Murphy
Gormley
Stone(borderline)
Summers(borderline)

Guys I'm not particularly attached to(move for right deal):
Yandle
Morris
Schlemko
Ribeiro
Erat
Vrbata
Korpikoski
Klinkhammer
Moss
Chipchura
Halpern
Bissonnette
Smith
Greiss

Areas of need:
Players who give a ****
Balls

I like your list. I would add Greiss to the first list as I think he is a perfect backup, and maybe potential starter.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
QFT; this team had so much promise.

Tippett has really lost the ability to motivate the team any more. The coaching staff can no longer get 60 minutes of consistent output from a group of guys now.

All I have to say is :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You blame DT? If the players can't motivate themselves at this time of year, I would point all fingers at the players, especially the vets.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Let's just build a cloning device...

McMillan-Hanzal-Doan
McMillan-Vermette-Boedker
McMillan-Vermette-Boedker
Bissonnette-Hanzal-Doan
McMillan

OEL-Michalek
OEL-Michalek
OEL-Michalek
Summers

Smith
Greiss

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As a Jets 1.0 and 2.0 fan, I have been thinking Evander Kane would be the player Phoenix should try to acquire for Ribeiro's wing.

Is there a deal that could work for both teams?

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
My favorite part of the game last night was when WPG got a penalty and they showed the video of the goofy looking guy in the box wearing a Thrashers jersey. Then he quickly put on a Jets jersey. That was funny, but I don't think the majority jets-fan audience appreciated it.

My least favorite part was the everything else part.

Actually, I don't think they played horribly - but they also didn't play with any sort of urgency to get a playoff spot either.

rt

May 13, 2004
As a Jets 1.0 and 2.0 fan, I have been thinking Evander Kane would be the player Phoenix should try to acquire for Ribeiro's wing.

Is there a deal that could work for both teams?

Kane's salary goes up to 6mil next season. So Yandle would have to be part of it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Ask Adam Oats?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Kane's salary goes up to 6mil next season. So Yandle would have to be part of it.

Kane is one of a small handful of players I'd move Yandle for. He makes something happen every time he's on the ice. One of my favorite players in the whole league.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
No. I wonder about team chemistry as much as talent. We are not playing greater than the sum of our parts.

This. At the beginning of the year, people were saying how talented this roster was, probably the best collection of talent we have had in the Tippett era.

The problem is that all it takes is for one person to not fall in line, or a situation where players are at each other's throats. This is where the accountability factor has to come in. The only person who seems to hold others accountable (himself included) is Doan, and when he is not participating for a month, it is possible for that message to get drowned out, and replaced by individuals doing their own thing on the ice and not always playing system-hockey.

This is what scares me about Hanzal and Yandle as the A's. Hanzal is not vocal enough, IMO, and where will our accountability be headed when Yandle has no accountability. If either one is our next captain, while it is hard to hold water to Doan as a captain, we will have some serious drop-off in either voicing leadership or accountability.

rt

May 13, 2004
Kane is one of a small handful of players I'd move Yandle for. He makes something happen every time he's on the ice. One of my favorite players in the whole league.

Winnipeg has already got Bogosian, Trouba, and Enstrom on D 5v5 and can add Big Buff on the PP.

I don't really see Yandle filling a need, there.

Also, why doesn't that team win more games? They look damn good on paper. Coaching seems better. Goaltending isn't ideal but should be at least passable. I don't get it.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I thought it seemed like a long time since I had witnessed a shootout in person last night...that game broke a string of 20 straight not going to at least overtime at home.

Also, we fall to 9-1-2 at home vs Canada :( ... all those furriners are much more tolerable when they have to sit on their hands :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad