the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
aRE9NH1.jpg

aRE9NH1.jpg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Thought Kopi had a great game tonight. We could've use a lot more games like that earlier in the season.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
The big question here, PJ, is were you making a delicious sandwich in the kitchen? :)

Nope, Troutmeister, I was enjoying my McFlurry minute ice cream. I was a little generous with the length of that McFlurry minute.

We're back within 8 points of the 2nd wildcard spot! Take that, Nashville. Feeling a little pressure now?

Reactions: King Trouty

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Stoll: "It was great to work with you tonight. Man, it's cold up here. I thought you guys would have at least a heater."
Nick: "Of course it's cold, it's a hockey rink Jarett."
Stoll: "Got Reeses pieces up here."

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Who said he won't trade one of our guys for a scoring forward. *cough* Martinez *cough*

Whatever.

I love AMart, so you're barking up the wrong tree, bubba. He's been vastly underrated this season, one of a couple undeserving whoopin' boys (<cough>Dowd<cough>), and one of our biggest threats from the blue line. He plays bigger than his size and is asked to do a lot. And he does (do a lot).

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Watched the game at a sports bar so I didn't get to hear Evans calling PBP, how was he?

And what are the possibilities of the Kings getting shutout by the Rangers on Saturday?

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Watched the game at a sports bar so I didn't get to hear Evans calling PBP, how was he?

And what are the possibilities of the Kings getting shutout by the Rangers on Saturday?

He's definitely better than Jim at switching to PBP from color. :laugh:

Chances are moderate. I bet we don't see Hank since he apparently is traumatized of Staples.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

Evans wasn't bad at all, Ziggy. You could tell he was used to calling (color-commentating -- whatevs) games for a listening audience, but he handled it well. Very even keel.

And zero :)

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Huh, so the Kings are 9 points behind Calgary with a game in hand. Calgary plays the Kings twice, Anaheim twice, and San Jose twice still. They'd probably be the one to collapse if any team did. Not that I think they will but I'd bet on them if I had to pick between Nashville, St. Louis, and Calgary.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Damn I wish this team played like this more often this season. First time in a long time I saw the team not bothered by being down a goal. This is the team I wish showed up on the roadtrip.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
[NHL2][/NHL2]

DL won't go shopping for a "scoring" fwd in the offseason because we have no money and our own guys to lock up, mon frere.

And he won't be the GM anymore, so it will be up to the next guy who maybe, just maybe, wont pass on a guy because his defensive game isnt as strong.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
****ing A, Kings went from 10 to 11 in the standings. Useless win that will cost them a couple spots at the draft!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I fell asleep before Muzzin scored. So Kopitar, Gaborik, Pearson, Doughty, and Muzzin, all scored, in the same game? I wonder how many times that's been close to happening this year. Doughty also finally got one of those cool big slappers through too. Looked good on the highlight.

77 points with 9 games left. They can get 95 points if they run the table. They could still pass SJ. Minnesota is 2-8 in their last 10. They have 94 points. If the Wild lost out, they could fall into a wild card, and the Kings could still pass them.

200.gif

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
As I've said before, making the playoffs given our current situation may be a tall order, but it's still not impossible. Stranger things have happened in hockey after all...

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Damn I wish this team played like this more often this season. First time in a long time I saw the team not bothered by being down a goal. This is the team I wish showed up on the roadtrip.

Easier to play when nothing is on the line. They're not going to make a late season run to squeak into the playoffs. Playing out the string.

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
Nah, im not getting my hopes up again. They didnt show up in games where they needed to against St Louis and Calgary (twice). No doubt they will pack it in again in the next few must win games. This team just doesnt give a ****.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
As a fan, I'm taking these Kings games 1 game at a time. They looked good, but they got a game Saturday. See which team shows up.

They did seem to play without the pressure of making the playoffs on their backs. Better game to watch when they play "loose"

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Well, could be pretty good since Hank was taken of IR earlier this week and has been practicing hard and chompin' at the bit to play. He will be starting (per the coach) 2 of the 3 CA games
Sat Kings
Sun Ducks
Tues SHarks

My guess is he'll get Kings and Sharks, Raanta gets the ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad