GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1/City - The Big 'L' Streak Breaking Extravaganza

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can't believe i'll say this. If we were to have a bad team, this make me miss a player like Boro.

We don't have that. The bottom 6 plays a physical game but nobody is scared of them.

We have lot of hit but not a lot of punishing hit I feel.
I’m not sure they do play physical. Certainly not intense

Damn Kelly... he ruined our entire season.. I mean if we only replaced him with Chartier earlier .

Could have been a contender.. so sad. fn Kelly
He was bad among the thousand bad things. Noticeably bad because of a line promotion.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You didn't answer my question.

If the team makes the playoffs next year and is generally successful with a new GM and coach, will you give Dorion the credit for that success?
I gave Dorion credit for putting some of the future core pieces together through the tear down, high draft positions and the Karlsson trade.
That core to be defined by the new regime will have been largely put in place by Dorion. The team construction needs to continue , holes need to be plugged and changes need to be made to get to that same ECF level again.

Reactions: Back in Black

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
We absolutely need more toughness.
Forwards too too many one hand on the stick flybys looking for the puck to come free. Play the fn man. Support the puck.
This team is soft outside a couple players. By no means hard to play against .. we are powder puffs
Weird takes tonight.

Winnipeg is tough? Has nothing to do with soft players because Ehlers, Connor or Peeferri aren’t tough. They are playing the right way.

Our guys cut corners.

Reactions: Emrasie

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You didn't answer my question.

If the team makes the playoffs next year and is generally successful with a new GM and coach, will you give Dorion the credit for that success?

a monkey could tank for 7 years and come out with a solid base of players. there is no skill involved in that.

and still some ones gonna have to come in here and rebuild Dorions rebuild.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I’m starting to think that maybe the conditioning of the players is not up to snuff. They seem to fade in the 3rd lately

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Anyone hear anything on this. He fell in the 1st period landing on his forearm .. I thought it would test it when it happened.

Reactions: NB613

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They seem to have rushed him back out of desperation, as predicted.
It is Josh’s call and his medical team’s call. Not the team. And they discussed that Norris was cleared weeks ago by his medical team and the team held him out without and medical reason so, no

Reactions: Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Weird takes tonight.

Winnipeg is tough? Has nothing to do with soft players because Ehlers, Connor or Peeferri aren’t tough. They are playing the right way.

Our guys cut corners.
At this point it goes beyond winning and losing. Tonight the response was not there after getting blown out in front of a sold out home crowd. Obviously we need more than toughness to bear the Jets. But we don’t have that talent or discipline.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Weird takes tonight.

Our guys cut corners.
At this point it goes beyond winning and losing. Tonight the response was not there after getting blown out in front of a sold out home crowd.
I wouldn’t pay attention to EveryDay Sens, but Norris was interviewed after the game and said he was fine and felt good…
he commenting on something he saw. Which I also saw. Norris definitely feel discomfort. Which prompts our trainer to speak to him not once but twice lol.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Anyone hear anything on this. He fell in the 1st period landing on his forearm .. I thought it would test it when it happened.

Yeah when I saw someone fall in front of their net I said to myself, “man I hope that wasn’t Norris. Let’s see the replay and please be anyone but Norris”

It was Norris.
Anyway, whether he hurt himself there or after…….JFC

They seem to have rushed him back out of desperation, as predicted.
Yeah DJ said that if it was up to Norris then he would have been playing weeks ago.

Obviously not 100%. If he or anyone says he’s totally fine we know it’s a lie.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Look at them play. Going through the motions

Pay special attention to Hamonics physicality.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

I hate that look. This is super anecdotal but reminds me of when I had rehabbed a shoulder dislocation, came back and played hockey and had my shoulder jerked forward on one play. Didn't feel great, quick wince, but kept playing. Later in the game a similar movement happened, it was a nothing play, and it re-dislocated.

I'm not sure if it's a big risk to play in that if he dislocates it again then I guess they'll just get him surgery. Although with a 5ish month recovery time, you want him back to start next year. I hope the best for Josh but seeing that, it might be just an inevitability. Shoulders suck.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Senators have a poor track record this year against good/decent Western Conference teams. Can't remember when we last won game against a decent W.C. team.

Another game with only one goal production. And, our top 6 forwards are all back in the lineup now.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
At this point it goes beyond winning and losing. Tonight the response was not there after getting blown out in front of a sold out home crowd. Obviously we need more than toughness to bear the Jets. But we don’t have that talent or discipline.
We don't have a lot of things, namely heart. These guys crumbling under the weight of expectations, and they hopefully will be better for it. Even Tim and Brady looked disinterested last night, and the Jets looked so confident and sure of themselves. Ottawa is a bunch of mental midgets in comparison. Nothing is going to change that except experience.

I called this before the puck was dropped on the season, entirely predictable. I just wanted an 82 point season, and that may be a stretch right now.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
80% of the team does fly-bys instead of laying a hit. Almost all of them try to poke check rather than move their feet and gain proper position. Fewer and fewer are willing to go to the dirty places, the slot, the corners to battle. It's not just a few players, it's almost everyone on the team. This happens when you have a country club culture and the season is obviously lost. Guys aren't willing to risk anything for meaningless games. Now we'll see some players looking at the bonus structures in their contracts and start focusing on hitting those markers of success rather than team wins. It isn't a knock on them either. They are high level players who need goals to achieve. If the team doesn't prioritize winning, it's only human nature to look for other ways to be a high achiever.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think boudreau is the guy for this team right now. If we were coming off like a defensive meastro prick coach then yeah I would honesty boudreau. But after DJ we need that aforementioned defensive prick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad