Proposal: Winnipeg/Detriot

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rasmussen+Hronek+DeKeyser is a really good deal for Trouba if you are Detroit
Not for a rebuilding team it isn't, Not giving up two young prospects like Ras and Hronek for Trouba. If Trouba truly wants to come home to Detroit in 2020. We can sign him for nothing. Not giving up pieces for him. I see Trouba either going home to Detroit or here in Florida with either Tampa or Florida. Maybe the Panthers to be close to his fiancee. Only he know's what he wants.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Rasmussen+Hronek+DeKeyser is a really good deal for Trouba if you are Detroit

Lol no, Rasmussen and Hronek are both really good prospects and Detroit isn't competing for anything right now and don't need Trouba. They can rebuild for next 2 years and bring Trouba home for free when he hits free agency.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
brutal for everyone. im a jets and wings fan and the wings simply cannot expend their pool for Trouba right now. they'll #LoseForHughes and continue building and try get him as a UFA. None of those returning pieces help WPG being competitive next year. Rasmussen might be an NHLer however it is unsure if he will be a C in the show. DDK has a full NTC btw.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
So a rebuilding Detroit moves futures for guys in their prime or just exiting it and the Jets who are trying to win a cup move good roster players for futures.

Was literally going to say the exact same thing. There's zero logic for either team to do what's proposed in the OP, given where both teams are situated in the NHL hierarchy now and the foreseeable future.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
So a rebuilding Detroit moves futures for guys in their prime or just exiting it and the Jets who are trying to win a cup move good roster players for futures.

While the OP clearly makes no sense for either side Little is the only player who’s in his prime, albeit the back end of it. Trouba is 25, which for dmen is closer to the start than end of their prime, and Stanley (regardless of whether people think he’s going to bust or not) is only 20.

Other than that I completely agree with you that DET shouldn’t be moving futures for established players at this point. It won’t be fun but a few rough years to restock the cupboards is probably the best course of action.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Stanley is a bust and Detroit has no use for little. Basically comes out to Ras, Hronek, and DDK for Trouba. Don’t think Detroit does that.
what a ridiculous analysis. I’m not a fan of Stanley but he’s not a bust yet especially after the season he just had. He still has #5-6 potential. Even if Detroit doesn’t want Little, they could flip him now or at the deadline for a 2nd+prospect at the very least.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
omg, is that horrible for Winnipeg, I realizeTrouba's value is compromised, but Detroit is one of the few places he might conceivably sign, since its home. Detroit needs defense, this deal is Ken Hollands "wet dream"

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
omg, is that horrible for Winnipeg, I realizeTrouba's value is compromised, but Detroit is one of the few places he might conceivably sign, since its home. Detroit needs defense, this deal is Ken Hollands "wet dream"

Not really... Ken Holland is usually real reluctant to trade guys that he drafted or homegrown talent like DDK unless he really has to. So if the trade does anything to his dreams, it might be a nightmare...

If Holland has any "nocturnal emission" relating to Trouba, it's likely about signing him as a UFA.

Reactions: marcmadsen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad